I love my heart rate monitor!! (NSV)

Options
I got a Polar FT7 HRM today, after playing with it for awhile (what's my heart rate when I'm laying down watching tv, what's my heart rate when I'm checking the mail, etc) I wore it while lifting.. I noticed myself checking every now and then, pushing a little harder when the number started dropping and celebrating a little when it was up there.. When I was done I was checking out what I had just done, and I burned 250 calories in half an hour!!

I'm all about new gadgets and toys and this is no exception, I'm absolutely in love with this little thing after seeing the results from today. I want it to hurry up and be tomorrow so I can try to beat my numbers..

Just wanted to my happydance moment for the day in case anyone was on the fence (like I was) about whether or not these things are worth it :happy:

Replies

• don3_16
    don3_16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just got my FT7 this past weekend. I'm training for a 10k at the end of April, and I love the fact that it syncs with the treadmills at the gym. I love seeing a good burn. I was on the fence between the FT4 (gray/black) and FT7 (red/black). At the end of the day, vanity took over since I thought the red/black was a lot cooler looking than the blah gray/black. I didn't mind paying an extra $10 on amazon for the FT7 especially since it's my early birthday present to myself. Now I just hope that it holds up!
  • soojourn
    soojourn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT60 yesterday and love the HRM/calories info. It also provides the instant feedback whenever I am under or over exercising. Pretty excited to be using it to monitor my goals!
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don3_16:: Ahhh, sweet vanity... That's exactly what I did too - I was looking at the black and gold, but then I remembered I don't like gold so red and black won. It was my graduation present to myself even though that's a couple months off.

Tomorrow is a bigger workout day for me, lifting and HIIT, I want to do it now so that I can see more numbers

I think instant feedback would drive me nuts - My running app gives me feedback when I start to slow down and I catch myself yelling at it lol
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    This makes me even more excited to get the polar ft4 I ordered yesterday!!!!
  • jessjunkies
    jessjunkies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. Don't know what I would do without it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!