Breast cancer 3-day

Options
Who all has done the 60 mile 3-day walk?

What did you do to train and how long did you train before walk?

I am wanting to do it this year, but made the decision pretty late. Ours is Nov 5. Anyone in TX going this year?

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Who all has done the 60 mile 3-day walk?

What did you do to train and how long did you train before walk?

I am wanting to do it this year, but made the decision pretty late. Ours is Nov 5. Anyone in TX going this year?

I was going to do that one!! But then I got the packet saying I had to raise $3000 or more..:sad:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it. I did a 10k walk and I gotta tell you that my feet were killing me. There were blisters under my toenails. I then did a 5k, and the blisters weren't so bad. But, I wore two pair of socks and taped my feet. Make sure you have a really good pair of shoes that you've worn some before the walk. Good luck!!!
  • doccaroo
    Options
    I had heard it was 2300. Maybe they lowered it a little right now since it so close. The fundraising has me a little worried but I am just as worried about walking 20 miles 3 days in a row while sleeping on the ground in tents. But the experience sounds awesome especially since I lost my mom in 1997 to breast cancer.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I want to do it, but the $2500 entrance fee is a bit intimidating.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I had heard it was 2300. Maybe they lowered it a little right now since it so close. The fundraising has me a little worried but I am just as worried about walking 20 miles 3 days in a row while sleeping on the ground in tents. But the experience sounds awesome especially since I lost my mom in 1997 to breast cancer.
    I do the Susan G Komen 5k's when they are around here. Sorry to hear about your Mom!:flowerforyou: My Mom had it as well. Thank God she is a 5 year survivor this year. It's quite the exeprience. I'm going to try and do it next year!
  • kofstedahl
    Options
    I did the 3-Day in Seattle 2 years ago. It was an amazing experience and worth the effort but... it is a lot of effort. My teammate and I trained for 6 months before the event. Although the event is 'just walking', it's an extreme amount of walking. The first day of the walk we walked almost 26 miles. My teammate and I did a number of 10, 12.5 & 15 mile walks before the walk (we would do one of those on the weekends) and we indivudally walked 3-5 miles 4 days a week to prepare.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing the walk but I would recommend giving yourself plenty of time to train and fundraise (you do have to raise the full amount in order to participate). My team mate and I will do the walk again at some point in the future - it is well worth the time, effort, pain and blisters!