Am I not pushing hard enough?

Options
2»

Replies

• kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The issue is not starvation mode really. / it is a slight thermagenic slow- down with an increased risk of losing lean body mass. If you want to lose just fat, you can't realistically set your deficit so high. For someone who is do patient, you sure are in a huge hurry. I'm not sure why you asked for advice if you didn't want to hear honest answers.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm pretty sure I would die if I was only eating 1000kcals WHAT
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The issue is not starvation mode really. / it is a slight thermagenic slow- down with an increased risk of losing lean body mass. If you want to lose just fat, you can't realistically set your deficit so high. For someone who is do patient, you sure are in a huge hurry. I'm not sure why you asked for advice if you didn't want to hear honest answers.

I realize I can't set it that high. I am at 24% body fat and was at 23% last year around this time. I am possibly in a hurry to get BACK to 23% but my ultimate goal is 20%. And I asked for advice as far as intensity of workout which is why the topic is "am I not pushing hard enough."

I am just worried about eating more on an average day. I have one cheat day a week where I consume 2000 calories.
    #1, 1000 calories is very low. If you have been doing that for any length of time (say greater than 1.5 months), take about 3 days to eat at maintenance....then I guess go back to 1000 if you want. But I think you are asking for trouble dropping below 1200

I started out doing P90x but now I go to the gym only. Usually run on the treadmill for 15 minutes (6.8-7.2) and then do about 35 minutes of strength training. I suspected this wasn't intense enough as I felt more sore doing P90x.

Again I am not impatient per say. Just asking for advice. It's like handing a draft copy of your essay to be looked over before handing it in for the final mark. Essentially I just want to make sure I WILL get the results EVENTUALLY based on what I'm doing CURRENTLY.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Essentially I just want to make sure I WILL get the results EVENTUALLY based on what I'm doing CURRENTLY.

i am sure you will ignore this, like all of the other posts you're choosing to ignore, but no, you wont get the results you want doing what you're currently doing, becasue you're not fueling your body properly.
  • charlychops
    Options
    Why have you decided to only eat 1000 calories??! Was it just a random figure you thought sounded about right or did you take all of your factors into account??
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Why have you decided to only eat 1000 calories??! Was it just a random figure you thought sounded about right or did you take all of your factors into account??

I was struggling emotionally and physically with my weight. I was eating a regular amount of calories a day and it seemed like my weight just kept going up. This has never happened to me before so I admit that two months ago, I was in a bit of a panic.

I am not all that hungry through out the day. I have looked into all those calculators online and I realize that I should be consuming about 1600-1800 calories a day considering my workout. I am not ignoring any posters who say I should eat more at all. I have stated several times that I am only worried about increasing my caloric intake. I plan to do it within a week.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how you are measuting your body fat%? It's a notoriously difficult thing to measure accurately, and the difference between 24 and 25% is not statistically significant.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I started out doing P90x but now I go to the gym only. Usually run on the treadmill for 15 minutes (6.8-7.2) and then do about 35 minutes of strength training. I suspected this wasn't intense enough as I felt more sore doing P90x.

Again I am not impatient per say. Just asking for advice. It's like handing a draft copy of your essay to be looked over before handing it in for the final mark. Essentially I just want to make sure I WILL get the results EVENTUALLY based on what I'm doing CURRENTLY.

I still say stick with weight lifting, there are a few good programs out there you can do.....

But your calories are very low...
    And I see you say you just aren't hungry.....

Ok, I can understand this....
    But if you are working out doing P90X or whatever else, and still eating so few calories
    I think you are asking for trouble......
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Look at increasing your calories first off. Too little calories over time makes your body keep the weight on....you'll loose muscle not fat. Secondly, look at water and sleep totals. Add ing more water and more sleep in your life can really make a difference for weight loss.

Most of all...don't give up. You'll eventually find the key to what will make you loose more. One this is certain. You MUST change something....doing the same thing won't make you loose weight.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I realize I can't set it that high. I am at 24% body fat and was at 23% last year around this time. I am possibly in a hurry to get BACK to 23% but my ultimate goal is 20%. And I asked for advice as far as intensity of workout which is why the topic is "am I not pushing hard enough."

I am just worried about eating more on an average day. I have one cheat day a week where I consume 2000 calories.
    #1, 1000 calories is very low. If you have been doing that for any length of time (say greater than 1.5 months), take about 3 days to eat at maintenance....then I guess go back to 1000 if you want. But I think you are asking for trouble dropping below 1200

Well, you'll eventually get there if "there" is realistic and you are consistent.

Is this every day? Once a week? How consistent are you?

Soreness is not a measure of intensity. I am more sore when I'm out of shape, and pulling lower weights than when I'm in form, going consistently and meeting my PRs.