Need help

Options
I would like to have someone look at my diary and tell me what they think I have been doing wrong. I haven't logged my food and exercise for about a week bc I'm on the verge of giving up. I've busted my butt at the gym and watched my diet for 9 months now and gained 10 pounds in this time. I thought by logging my foid u would see that I have been eating more than I thought but I don't think that's the case. Please help.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    First off, don't give up, if you're willing to put in the work and have the willpower to stay at or under your calorie goal, then you can get the progress that you'd like. I suggest you use the TDEE method instead of the default MFP method, because with the default method, you enter exercise calories on top of your goal and exercise calories are almost always overestimated. Also, when you're logging food, it's absolutely imperative that you be as accurate as possible. Weigh and measure everything that you put in your mouth even if it's a snack or something very small and enter everything in your diary.

jl3zur.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi-

I took a look through the last week you were logging. You seem to be logging pretty consistantly when you were so good job on that. You have to log more accurately, from looking at your diary I think you are severly underestimating your intake.

For started you need to get a food scale and weigh things as apposed to trying to measure them out, from some of your entries I also suspect you are eye balling as apposed to actually measuring.
    Do not use generic entries. Find the entry for the food you are using. If it is not there then make one. If you cook the food then use the recipe creator to get an accurate cound and not just a generic listing. There is a generic habachi listed two different days that week and you have no way of knowing if that was close or not to your actual meal.

MFP is only as good as the information you put into it so good logging is essential and needs to be a top priority

you may find this post helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

If you would like a friend to help you get your diary straitened out then feel free to add me,

~Best wishes