Victorious Victoria Fitness Challenge April 30

Options
Happy Hump Day! I decided to do the entire BL Power Sculpt today but have no idea how to log it as I forgot my HRM. Any ideas girls?

The sun is shining so I'm headed outside.

Everyone have a great day!

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! I decided to do the entire BL Power Sculpt today but have no idea how to log it as I forgot my HRM. Any ideas girls?

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Hey, Julie. . .that's my plan today! I'll report how much I burned for you. (Great incentive to do the whole thing. . .even the "t stand" pushups. . .ugh.)

If the sunshine holds out, I may also try for a nice long walk. I can only run for about 45 seconds before my heart rate spikes. . .anyone know if that's normal for starting out? I guess it's just the difference of actually moving your body (compared to the elliptical or stationary bike)

Just got a summer teaching assignment, so my bank account, my landlord, my husband and I are very happy!

I just finished "In Defense of Food", and if you haven't read it, you really should. Mary, I know you have it. . .it's really helped me re-focus my "that's not food" philosophy when I find myself in the aisles of the drugstore. I wish I liked leaves more.

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I did the BL 1 low impact and high impact yesterday - about 45 min? - it burned a depressing 347 calories. Remember, I have a hard time burning exercise calories, even when panting. Julie - I burn about the same for the sculpt. But look on the bright side, my butt isn't sore today. I'm getting used to lunges.

Wearing my HRM right now - to test my daily stuff - and I've burned 80 calories in 30 minutes - doing next to nothing!

I've been tracking my calories more strictly than ever and I've gained a pound. That's really the only time I think the scale is evil: when you try harder and you gain :grumble: So close to half way point, urgh. It's a real downer for me as my vacation is in less than 3 weeks and I was hoping to lose SOME weight before I leave.

Ok, enough! No more negative!

I did 45 bent-knee push-ups after my BL workout yesterday. This puts me in the excellent category. Just the cardio test to go. :bigsmile:

V- I always had that heart rate spike when trying to run. I haven't tried it in a long time though. I still need to get my stride checked before I do it again. I think the longest I ever went was 2 minutes.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I'm back from being gone for a week. I've gained some weight back so I am trying to get back to it this week. My mom gave me her Taebo Amped series. I have done one of the DVD's the last two days. I need to do another today, not sure which one though. It will be at least 30-40 minutes. I am also doing a lot of cleaning since we may possibly have some people come over later. Gotta get back to it.
    Have a blessed day!
    Melissa
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    My heart rate spikes whenever I do something that my body is not used to. I can go an hour on the elliptical, but if I run for one minute then it gets up there. Or yesterday when I was running the stairs, I felt like my heart was going to explode. I think you just get used to one form of cardio and anything else takes a bit of an adjustment period.

I'm loving being home. Went for a brisk walk by the beach today, then did my favorite 20 minute power sculpt workout from FitTV.

Bought a bunch of good groceries from Trader Joe's last night and I'm about to pack my food for the day.

I LOVE BEING HOME!

I'm realizing exercise just has to be done in the morning for me. I just don't have the energy at night, and I like knowing how many exercise calories I have for the day at the beginning of the day.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

286 calories, using 8 and 10 pound weights. I didn't want to finish, but I kept saying "do it for Julie!" in my head. . .thanks for the butt kicking.:tongue: