just getting started

Options
topp35
topp35 Posts: 50 Member
Im just getting started on my road to lose 25lbs and was super excited all day long but the more i lay here in bed thinking about it unable to sleep im extremely nervous! It all sounds great and everything but I just dont see me having the motivation to exercise and lose that stubborn 25lbs that's keeping me from getting back in my size 5 jeans!! I so want to do it but im afraid I dont have the support system so I wont. I might do well for the first week bc its new and exciting but then I will go back to sitting on the couch all day with my dogs watching LMN on direct tv:) But in all seriousness this is bothering me so bad it has kept me up all night. I am really hoping to get a nice size support system on here to keep me going. Plz friend request me if ur an active member and want to help support eachother.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this is a great post for beginners if you need any direction in setting up your goals. It also have lots of tips and covers mistake beginners frequently make.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

No need to be nervous, this is not a one time shot you either win or lose kind of deal. Everyday is a new opportunity to stick with your plan. You might have bad days, we all do (and anyone who "doesn't" is full of it). Just keep in mind that weight loss is really all about patience and perserverance.

I also have a dog that is a huge part of my life. Start exercising with them and they will remind you to get your butt out the door :wink:

~best wishes
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You took the right first step by logging on to here and reaching out for support. I recommend you log on every day, talk to your friends on here and it will help keep you committed. What are your hobbies and interests?? There are a lot of different activities you can do besides going to the gym to keep you off the couch... Relax, clear your head no need to lose sleep over this. Friend request is being sent fell free to chat with me anytime..

Steve
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It may help to ask friends, family, and co-workers to join with you. Make it fun by listening to music or watch tv. Friend me anytime!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Don't be nervous.
    You are here now, so, go get a bunch of good friends and build a support network to help.

I am sure you will be fine, have some fun as well!