Any new MFP moms?

After reaching nearly my breaking point in mom-hood, we decided to pursue my best form of therapy...the YMCA. Two glorious hours of child care, fitness, a shower, and a little reading time equals a happier mom. And happier family. Anyone relate?? Add me if you do!

Replies

• MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    I too love going to the YMCA...and so do my kidlets! I usually drop them in the child care area, do my work out and then we go play in the pool during open swim, and I manage to do little toning excercises in the pool while tugging the 8 month old in her floaty thing and chasing the 4 year old. I think the kids have grown to love it more then me...but lately I have been struggling getting my act together and getting to the Y....I'm hoping to stick to my "back to it on monday" mantra!!
  • TruthNotLies5
    TruthNotLies5 Posts: 7 Member
    It's been a lifesaver for us. I live getting my exercise in, getting out of the house, and knowing my kids are having fun and being active too. Can't wait for the summer when I'll feel much more self confident to sit in the pool (out door park pools) with my kids. I've always just let them play and me watch. But this summer I want to be more active and fun. Getting healthy is my first place to start!