Delayed muscle soreness

Options
2»

Replies

• CBWoodz
    CBWoodz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're not at all weird my friend. That is exactly how I experience post-workout muscle soreness and I've trained on and off for most of my life. I used to hate it because I train every other day so invariably I'm sore / sensitive on my training days. The crazy part is that over time, I've slowly come to love that burn!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    yes its normal to be sore after a workout especially for ppl thats just starting out. oh also make sure your doing all your moves correctly if you are not you will get extra unecessary pain .
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Yep...it's normal.
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    take an epsom salts bath!! the soreness will be gone and you get a great dose of magnesium!!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yep. For me, the next morning I'm a little sore and that dull soreness continues for the day. The next day, however, is when the soreness really hits. Next day after that, pretty much back to normal.
  • Magserdo
    Magserdo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add in a little bit of time before and after your workout to stretch. If you have access to a sauna, use it! Get that lactic acid out. Its what attributes to muscle soreness.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Mine comes exactly 24 hours after my workout. Like clockwork. And it sticks around for at least 24 hours after that.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So if you have DOMS and work out M, W, F, is that OK to do? What effect would that have on recovery? I do different muscle groups throughout the week but invariably I am going to use some of the same muscles the next workout and they are already sore.