We can do this! :)

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking forward to interacting with you as we practice taking better care of our bodies. :smile: I'm new to MFP, but not to weight loss. I was a chubby kid and a very overweight teen. My adult weight has gone from 220 to 450. I lost 165 pounds 15 years ago and managed to keep off about 120 pounds, but it's time to lose the rest and finally achieve the success in this area of my life that I've been able to achieve professionally and academically. I've found that what works best for me is accountability (TOPS - Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) support group helps - there's one or more in every city and it's only about $40 a year to join. Seeing others in my position and still others who have lost their weight and are valiantly working to maintain it is inspiring and extremely helpful.

* Tip of the day: Plan your food the day before - it WORKS. If I don't have to look around in my cupboards or peruse the menu at a restaurant because I've already pre-determined my menu for that day it REALLY helps me to stay on track. And drink 64 oz water daily, minimum. My weight loss DOUBLED when I started drinking water! :drinker:

**Tip of the year - Include something you like/want for your favorite meal (as long as it doesn't act as a trigger for you) within your calorie limits for the day. I have two light meals that aren't necessarily delicious, just serve as energy for my body and then I have one "good meal" to look forward to. I also try to include all the food groups every day.

Any advice on how to get in more fruits and vegetables? If you're like me they have never been a big part of your diet and it's difficult to manage 4 - 5 servings.

Have a Fantastic Friday! :happy: Smiles,
Debi