Lifting weights?! Where to start?

Options
Okay, my story in a nut shell;
30yr old female
Mom of 2 little ones
SW 212
CW 184

Currently I have a fairly active job (psw) full time and I am doing the c25k usually fitting it in 2-3 times per week. Other then the food (goal set at 1250), that's about it. I know I need to fit in more exercise too. I am starting a Zumba class 1x week
I want to know more about weights. I hear so much about "lifting" and how it helps w skin tightening and loose skin and etc. I have the flabby mommy belly a lot of us know too well. I think I am looking good in clothes but a goal of mine is to have the flat belly, smooth thighs and look good/feel comfy in a bikini.

Where do I start??
I need to be able to do it at home right now as a gym is not do-able right now
Can someone point me in the right direction??
I only have small weights at home....2,4,5,8,10

Please help?!?
Thx!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I started with bodyweight exercises...then moved to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which incorporates cardio/abs and bodyweight exercises with smaller dumbells.

Convict training and you are your own gym are other great places to start.

Resistence bands as well.
  • betseyjane
    betseyjane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you on Pinterest? Do a search for 'Tank Top Arms' (I do this when I have to workout at home, with 10lb dumbells), or search for 'Lowerbody Workout'. You can do these with or without weights. It's a good starting point anyways...
  • astairs_1983
    astairs_1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I do have a couple of JM videos I will prob try to start doing more regularly ---
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love pinterest for bodyweight exercises. Also bodybuilding.com, google, youtube, a gym membership (my gym has a play place for kids) and then buy New Rules of Lifting.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I do the New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's great and gives you workouts for different phases.