Already on my way, Have lost 45 pounds and Want to get to my

Options
Hello, My name is Mariah. I will be 19 On October 1st. I have lost 45 pounds since End of May - April until Now. I still want to get to my healthy weight. I don't want to look skinny, and gross. Or have my bones popping out. I just want to be at a healthy weight. A long time ago, I was diagnosed Pre-Diabetic, and I also have thyroid problems that has always been another problem to my weight. This is the best I've done in trying to lose weight, I already feel so much more confident and my self esteem is better also. I have been overweight since I was 6 years old. It's time to start a whole new life.

Hello everyone. I know you all are going the same thing, I just wanted to say Hi, I'm here for anyone who wants support, encouragement, and I am here for that also. Thanks.

Mariah

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    45 pounds is awesome!! I bet your health has already improved a bunch since undergoing this journey in May. Welcome to MFP. Keep up the good work!
  • AngelPlay
    Options
    It has. I just feel healthier and happier. Thank you for the welcome! Also, about how often does anyone suggest a weigh in?
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My husband was diagnosed as pre diabetic 1 1/2 years ago . . . I went into overdrive doing research, consulting a dietician and nutritionist. We have completely changed how we eat, how we cook, everything . . . and in only that time we have completely turned his health around. His blood sugar is now always in the "5's" . . . perfect!
    If you have already lost 45 pounds you must be doing something right, that is awsome! Keep up the good work! Welcome to MFP!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are well on your way!...Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

And welcome!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It has. I just feel healthier and happier. Thank you for the welcome! Also, about how often does anyone suggest a weigh in?

Most suggest no more than once a week. Pick a day and time and stick to it. Usually just in the morning after waking, and going to the bathroom, and before getting dressed. That way it's a more stable reflection of your progress.

Some weigh every day just to see how their weight fluctuates. There are some who feel this is just too often and could lead to problems as weight tends to go up and down several pounds in the course of just 24 hours.

Some people weigh once a month. They feel the day-to-day or even week-to-week fluctuations aren't accurate enough so they go by a monthly weigh-in.

And then some don't weigh at all! They go by other goals (run a mile in 8:00, for example) or body measurements.

Long story short: Pick one that works for you! You've made it so far already with 45 pounds gone, I am sure you can listen to your feelings and pick the weigh-in type that is best for you.
  • AngelPlay
    Options
    Thank you for all the other welcomes! And I'm glad, lutzsher that your husband is good now! That's always great news. And Thanks for the weigh in reply. I think for me, every 2 weeks or once a month. I will think about it. Thanks everyone! <3 This seems like such a great place.