Very frustrated with MFP, help!

Options
What in the world am I doing wrong? I have my Net calories set at 1350, so that by the time I eat 2000 and exercise 650 I will be spot on what I wanna be, however, for some reason MFP decided to only allow you to adjust your Macros based on a percentage rather than a number, I can't adjust my Macros correctly. Is there a way to fix this?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Do the math to figure out the percentages?
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1350 is way too low to be your net calories.
    So, there's that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I know very few men who should net 1350 calories.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Just hit your original macro minimums then have what you like with your exercise cals.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    1350 is way too low to be your net calories.
    So, there's that.

Agreed...

But you have to get ot the closest percentage you can...it wont be exact but close enough.
  • WBB55
    Options
    Also, when I change the percentage, there's the numbers next to it that show what that is in grams. Do you get that, too? Does it show you what the percentage translates to in grams?

Edit to add. Oh I see, you are frustrated that it gives you different numbers as you add exercise.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Why such a large deficit?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/10/bookmarklet-for-more-accurate-goal-percentages-in-myfitnesspal/

You need to put this in your favorites, and once you get to the screen where you change your goals, you go into your faves and click it. It will switch to 1% increments.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How is this hard?

I know my protein minimum is 130g
    I know my fat minimum is 80g
    The rest is carbs

So it doesn't matter if MFP uses the percentage. I can use my fancy-brain to see whether I met or exceeded (yay!) my minimums.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I dont understand, I am actually eating 2000. My TDEE is only 2700. That's not but a 700 calorie deficit on the eating side, and it isn't the point. The point is, my Macros should be 207 Protien, 151 Carb and 72 Fat. I can't get the percentages anywhere even close to that.
  • Rev_Collins
    Rev_Collins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I a disagree. 1350 (A 650 deficit) is just over 1 lb a week if the settings are on sedentary like me to track exercise calories. 1200 is the threshold. It is considered safe to lose up to 2 lbs. per week.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    I a disagree. 1350 (A 650 deficit) is just over 1 lb a week if the settings are on sedentary like me to track exercise calories. 1200 is the threshold. It is considered safe to lose up to 2 lbs. per week.

For women.
    And no one should be losing 2 pounds a week unless they're severely obese.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Ewps.
  • jdb3388
    Options

For women.

Officially speaking, I am obese. I should be losing 2 lbs a week.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

For women.

Officially speaking, I am obese. I should be losing 2 lbs a week.

Not really.
    210 @ 5'5 merits maybe 1.5 pounds a week at most.
  • jdb3388
    Options
    And for the love of God, I understand how to count and I know how to do all the "fancy brainwork" to make it add up, but thats not the point of having MFP. The point is for it to do all of those things for you so it can show accurate charts and graphs based on the data you've entered.
  • WBB55
    Options
    So when you go into settings/custom, you can't change the calories to 2000 with the percentages that give you the grams as close to your goal as possible?
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    And for the love of God, I understand how to count and I know how to do all the "fancy brainwork" to make it add up, but thats not the point of having MFP. The point is for it to do all of those things for you so it can show accurate charts and graphs based on the data you've entered.

Oh, I didn't realize that was the point of MFP.
  • WBB55
    Options
    I come up with 40% protein, 29% carbs and 31% fat for you to reach those number of grams, if your goal is 2080 calories.
  • jdb3388
    Options
    I come up with 40% protein, 29% carbs and 31% fat for you to reach those number of grams, if your goal is 2080 calories.

So do you think I'd be better off changing it to 2000 Net and then just not worry about the exercise putting me under every day? That will throw off my tracking tho?