Cooked frozen shrimp

Options
Good Morning!

I bought a bag of cooked frozen shrimp instead of raw like I prefer to buy usually. I was wondering if anyone has any healthy recipes for me?

-Heather

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I never buy those unless I'm serving with cocktail sauce because cooking them anymore is going to make them tough and over cooked. the most I would do is squirt some I can't believe it's not butter spray on them and maybe garlic powder and paprika, then put on broil in toaster over for a min or 2.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat those but don't heat them again. I only eat them as shrimp cocktail or with a green salad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use them for stir fry... I just pan fry some veggies, add shrimp and rice, beat one egg in there once it's cooked, and add some soy sauce. Delicious and filling.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can't really "cook" them, just lightly reheat them. OTOH, they're great on salads or just to nibble, and I'll add them, thawed, to stirfries or pasta dishes at the last minute.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We had some of those today...we put them on skewers and heat them on the grill. Doesn't take very long, and it gives them a grilled taste. Sometimes we'll put seasonings on it beforehand. We do this often during the summer.

We also sometimes throw them in things like jambalaya and stir fry...usually towards the end of the cooking time since they're all ready cooked. We've thrown them in with taco meat as well, but we don't like that as much. We have done quesadillas as well, and those are pretty good.

They are also very good to eat just by themselves. I love shrimp!
  • django_girl
    django_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    They are lovely in egg fried rice.
    Good Morning!

I bought a bag of cooked frozen shrimp instead of raw like I prefer to buy usually. I was wondering if anyone has any healthy recipes for me?

-Heather
  • Francl27
    Options
    I just really wish they'd remove the tails... it's such a PITA!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just really wish they'd remove the tails... it's such a PITA!
    i buy them with their tails off, also cooked and frozen? :smile:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I need a new brand!