Losing weight but not body mass

Options
I've been exercising and eating better for about a month now, have lost 25 pounds according to the scale, but dont see much of a noticeable difference in my body, especially in my midsection. I've been doing crunches and planks and ab workouts to target these areas along side my regular cardio (albeit not as religiously as I should) but no drastic changes. Does anyone have any suggestions for activities to blast these sections? Thank you

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    how much have your measurements changed? Do you take measurements? If not, start today. Tape measurers are about $1.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce or pick and choose where your body takes the fat from. If you haven't seen much change in your midsection though you might have a lot of intestinal bloat from a high carb diet or maybe drinking alcohol or sugar filled drinks. I notice that my intestines bloat when I am drinking (they become inflamed and hold onto water), this is not fat but bloat and I know it because it goes down a few days after I put the wine away. Out of all the exercise success stories that I have seen on this board I am blown away by the body recomp photos of those who lift heavy. Try a compound lifting program and see what it does for you.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    how much have your measurements changed? Do you take measurements? If not, start today. Tape measurers are about $1.
    This too!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I personally always put my 'mid section' down to pure DIET!

If I eat crap... It shows right there, on my belly, the bloat, the bulge etc.

But if I eat a lot healthier, lower my carbs a bit, up my protein............WOW my belly seems to be a lot flatter.

Drink lots of water too : )

Just general fitness will help with your weight loss, I don't think you can spot reduce where it comes from. I want it to come off my *kitten*... But its coming off my boobs at the minute.... YIKES!!!!!!!!!
  • pennyllayne
    pennyllayne Posts: 265
    Options
    I 3rd the measurement comment.

There do appear to be some areas that are harder to lose the fat from. You might find this article helpful: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2590236/Bingo-wings-Thunder-thighs-Shift-fat-hotspots-hormone-diet.html

I don't know anything about you though - weight or height or BMI - so it's difficult to give advice. Toning exercises won't help much if you have a lot of abdominal fat and it could be a sign of inuslin resistance if you do. Cortisol also affects abdominal fat.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken "before" pictures, start now. Seeing yourself every day makes it very difficult to accurately judge if you look any different.