Trying not to get excited

Options
So, I'm 20lbs down. I'm trying not to get excited. But this morning I pulled out a shirt I haven't worn in a bit. At my largest I had to move this shirt to the back of the wardrobe because it pulled and you could see between the buttons. Today, it doesn't pull at all! I'm sort of frustrated though, because just before I decided to buckle down and lose weight, I went and spent $300 on new clothes, all of which are starting to be too big. I suppose I'll have to go get them altered, I can't afford to go buy new. I did a litle happy dance though. I'm starting to reclaim clothes! Man if I can get to those size 10 pants that are hanging out in a trashbag at the back of my closet I'll scream like a little girl! I'll have to buy a scandalous swim suit! That's a long ways off still, I'm trying to keep my Slow and steady wins the race mentality. It's so hard because I want to be there NOW.

Replies

• debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job! Things like this just go on to affirm that all the hard work you are putting in is worth it.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You are off to a great start!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!!! You are doing it. Now that you have felt the high of success Im sure that you will continue to do great too. I have amazing clothes and I refuse to throw them all out when I reach my goal so I will also be altering them when the time comes as well.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Very cool! And you should get excited!!
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I use that mental picture of myself in the "skinny" outfit & looking fierce as inspiration when I really don't feel like working out. I think I might actually have to bring my scale back to life at some point to see my progress though lol
  • sodstuff
    sodstuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your alterations!
  • cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Get excited!! Your awesome and will be rockin that scandelous bathing suit on the beach in know time! Way to go!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    OP I think you have the right attitude and I totally understand where you are coming from. I fight really hard to keep my expectations in line. Sometimes I want it all Yesterday, forget Now! It is so hard to not get disappointed sometimes. My weight loss has kind of stalled a bit even though I have been doing well. I know what I need to do and I am doing my thing. I just need to give it time and keep doing what I am doing. We can do this!

Anyone can add me BTW :) Particularly Whovians, I'm looking at you TheDoctorDonna10. (^_^)
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you go girl xx
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment. You should be happy and excited. It's those little rewards that keep us moving in the right direction. Enjoy your success. You've earned it!
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Great work!

I woke up this morning and pulled out a shirt thinking I would wear it open over another shirt. The I put it on and thought "hey maybe I can button it up." And lo and behold it buttoned. The little things really help.
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pfffft. Be excited, you earned it.

For the record, about once a week I wear a pair of pants that were my "go to" pants for a long time, that will now fall off of me if my belt isn't cinched to the last notch. It feels funny and looks even worse, but they remind me of my progress, and is especially helpful on the days where I feel like eating everything there is. I just look at my sagging bagging pants, smile, and eat a cracker or something.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You should get excited! Celebrate each and every victory, no matter how large or small :)

Congratulations on your victory!
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Get excited because that is awesome :>
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Get excited! :D Celebrate your successes, because that is what will get you through to the end.
  • sholman1114
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!!! 20 pounds may not sound like a "huge" number, but NOW you're starting to see the fruits of your labor! Great job! Keep it up

You can add me!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I know it's common to want it NOW, but just know you'll will eventually be there. Hang in there, and keep up the great work :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Get excited! :D Celebrate your successes, because that is what will get you through to the end.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on that victory! Keep up the great work.

I had a thought about all your "big" new clothes. Maybe you could sell them through a consignment shop and get back some of the money needed to buy smaller sizes. Just a thought. Best of luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!