Reminder to self: Walk away from the cupcakes!

Options
ceceg13
ceceg13 Posts: 25 Member
Hey guys. Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and join a chat forum. I have about a good 50 lbs of weight loss to go but not putting a time limit on myself. As long as there is progression on a weekly/monthly basis whether on the scale or through my frame of mind. I've learned to let go of the fad diets and just do things the right way, take it a day at a time, and walk away from those damn cupcakes. They are everywhere here at work I swear. I work at a school so there is always some form of celebration going on.I'll stick to my fiber one brownies. Don't get me wrong I will still eat a cupcake here and there. C'mon life just isn't life without cupcakes!! But I've trained myself to eat clean all week and indulge on Saturday with dinner and dessert. Might not be for everyone but it keeps me sane and keeps me on track. . Anyway I hope to find inspiration through reading and writing some posts. AND TGIF!!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable plan. I also am much stricter with my diet during the week so I can let loose on the weekends without gaining.

Best of luck to you!
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Kind of ironic that the add on top of your page was for cake decorating. LOL
  • ceceg13
    Options
    Yes exactly. It also teaches me how to exercise my self control throughout the week and on the weekends. That cheat meal could easily turn into a cheat weekend marathon!
  • ceceg13
    Options
    @Kayskidz....Those advertisers are some sneaky people I tell ya!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In for cupcakes!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Just sayin' hello and I understand about cupcakes ;-) My best friend's little girl is a cupcake baking fiend and they are so delicious...we went over there for dinner last night and I had one small yummy cupcake but it was hard not to eye that platter of more...tiny victory, eh? haha
  • gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    u crack me up^^
    WALK AWAAAAY!!

and i couldn't find better words for the cheat weekend marathon
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter's birthday is this weekend and I'm making (I'm sure she is going to help Make A Mess) her a six layer rainbow cake with M&M's on top. So I'll be eating cake and M&M's this weekend! I'm glad tomorrow is my weigh in day!