Running Shoe Suggestions

Options
I'm looking for suggestions for running shoes.

Right now I have a pair of Brooks - Ravenna 4's that I love. I'm sad to say they are coming to the end of their life and I need a new pair of shoes. I'm looking for something with a good arch and lots of support. The primary use will be for running; mostly trails and on asphalt.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Why not buy another set of them if they are working for you?

Went to a Running Specialty sports store and did a bare foot gait analysis on the treadmill and then tried on at least 8 pairs of shoes across different brands before settling on a pair. They let me run on the treadmill with the shoes I was trying on. 6 Losers 2 Winners. Mizuno Wave Inspire 11 and Saucony Guide 7.
    chunkytfg wrote: »
    Just to add if you do decide to buy multiple pairs(I understand its quite an investment to have more than one pair) then get the same ones but in a different colour or change the laces as it just makes life so much easier to stop you mixing them up

This search string/link will bring up various discussions about running shoes.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?Page=p2&adv=1&search=running+shoes&title=&author=&cat=7&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Go get fit at a running shop
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The problem with us suggesting running shoes is they are very personal fit. What works and fits me may not fit you the same way. Certain brands I cannot wear. There is nothing wrong with the brand, the fit just does not work for me. Other people love them.

Personally, I stick with what works and have kept in the same shoe and model for the past several years. If you do decide to try another shoe, I'd get fitted at a running specialty shop.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This post is from a year ago, guys. I hope the OP's found shoes by now.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »

LMAO!

I totally did not notice. Damn zombie thread.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    At least one of us is awake and can read dates.
    loratliff wrote: »