HELP!!

repochick
repochick Posts: 40 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I started walking with 1.5 lb weights on my arms and I do arm exercises while I walk. How to do I post that to my exercise log?? I can't seem to find anything.
Thanks!!

Replies

• Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    you need to create a new exercise for it. I would put it under cardio workouts. If you have a HRM or other device for calculating teh number of calories burned you can input them when you log it.
  • The only accurate way to count those burned calories that I have found is wearing a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)....
  • Hi there. You can create your own excercise and put the name of what your doing, calories burned if you think you know, but this sounds like strengthening training so they dont ask for calories burned just how long. Try that? I know I have had to create my own a few times since not everything I do is listed. Hope this helps? :)
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    For something like that you would probably need to enter a new exercise, i.e. "Walking with weights" or something similar. You would probably need a heart rate monitor to calculate the calories burned accurately. That would be my suggestion, anyways.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    where do we get one of these fun HRM? and how much are they? can i get a calorie counter for when i do weight lifting?
  • I just got my HRM on ebay they also have them on amazon or any sporting goods store I did a lot of researce and ended up getting a polar F7..
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I just got my HRM on ebay they also have them on amazon or any sporting goods store I did a lot of researce and ended up getting a polar F7..

did you pay an arm and a leg?
  • I just got my HRM on ebay they also have them on amazon or any sporting goods store I did a lot of researce and ended up getting a polar F7..

did you pay an arm and a leg?
    $79 but it was $110 in the stores here.
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    That is the problem. I don 't have a HRM and I can't afford one right now. I guess I will leave it alone since I walk 3 miles a day on rough terrain at 3.0 MPH and I burn over 500 calories. Guess it can't hurt. Thank you everyone for your help.
This discussion has been closed.