Why am I feeling like this?

Options
For the past couple of days I feel really depressed and I thought people on MFP can help and suggest this advice.As I notices
Once I started losing weight I have become really angry and realized it because I was eating to less . I started on a 1200 calorie a day diet and started losing weight nornally and everything was okay in the beginning but as winter came along I felt horrible , cold and irratability so this week I started eating 1500 calories. However I feel so depressed like I want to cry randomly and to be honest I dont even have an appetite. I Have this uneasy feeling that life is not worth it there is no point in living . Im so tired of doing the same thing everyday. I even get angry at my parents and say Im tired of them but I LOVE them.everyone is else so happy around me.I feel anxiety and uneasy all the time and depressed about life.i excersise and eat healthynalso.I feel like im so tired and bored of everything. Why is this happening can someone please suggest something besides going to the doctor?? I dont want to take anti depresaants or whatevee I just want to be happy and normal.again like I used to :-(

Replies

• kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sending you hugs. Depression is horrible.

Please go to the doctor and also tell your parents how you are feeling.

Talking to people is the first step in making these feelings go away.
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm only happy and normal when taking anti-depressants - there is nothing to be ashamed of, it's a chemical imbalance.

You should go to the doctor, there are a lot of things you can try before medication to help with depression. In the winter I find a light therapy box to be my best tool. It gives your brain the same spectrum of light as the sun and I won't go another winter without one.

Good luck!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    what AmandaAnne said.
  • iwillneverbethatgirl
    Options
    Hello dear, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here, but definitely seek the help of a mental health professional, and the support of your family. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help!
    Good luck dear :)
  • acb2144
    acb2144 Posts: 34
    Options
    Movement also can help a great deal. I've struggled with depression, as well, and the thing that consistently changes my outlook is getting my body moving. Anything that feels good.
    I wish you well; and please do talk to your parents at the very least!
  • cryan19
    cryan19 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have dealt with this issue my whole life, I finally talked to my regular doctor about it and he started me on an anti-depressant that helps with anxiety as well. That was about 6 years ago and it really has done wonders for me.....that is not to say that I don't still have some low days, especially this time of the year. The sunshine is a major player for me as well. There isn't too much that we can do about that but exercise and trying to stay positive and making sure you are surrounded by positive people is really important. As soon as I am home with my kiddos...I feel a lot better. Hang in there and please go to talk to you parents about seeing your doctor.....don't live you life like this- life is too short.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This has just started happening since you started losing weight? I would seriously take a look at your diet and maybe see a doctor to check for nutritient imbalance. Diet can definitely affect mood and since your problems started at the same time you started a diet, that may be your problem.

Is there something you've cut from your diet or drastically reduced? Carbs, sugar, fat??

You say you eat 1500 calories, is that 1500 total or net? What type of exercise / activity do you do?