FitBit Calorie Tracker

Options
Does anyone else use their FitBit device (whether it's One, Flex, or Zip) to track potential calories burned and have that synced with MFP? I'm averaging about 10,000 steps a day, but it's not all “real” active steps. There's a period of 30 minutes where it's true exercise, and the rest of it is running up and down stairs, and around the office. I find it hard to believe that I'm burning 800+ calories just by doing that, but I have no barometer to measure myself against. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Replies

• ginnyntonic
    ginnyntonic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have my Fitbit and MFP synced and I have at times thought that it was over estimating calories burned. I do have my activity setting set to sedentary so I thought that might influence it. I'd be curious if it would give me the same calorie bump if I had set my activity to lightly active. I don't usually eat back all of the calories they give so I haven't worried about it too much in any case.
  • volksgirl64
    volksgirl64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use the FitBit and it gives me calorie credit for walking during the day. Keep in mind, your body burns calories naturally, resting or not. When you're active (even if it's just a few stairs or walking to the bathroom) that takes extra effort and therefore burns more calories. I typically get back 150-250 calories on a non-exercise day due to moving around. I think that's completely reasonable.