Can Tuna

Options
A_shelton316
A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
Anyone have any good low cal tuna recipes?

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    Tuna Patties.. about 250 per serving (give or take) Serves 4.

2 can tuna, 2 eggs, 1 roll of crackers (i uses the cheep walmart ones), ms. dash seasoning

Mix it all up, then pour some light veggie oil or coconut oil in a pan and cook till nice brown color.

Really yummy, but will smoke up your kitchen so turn off the smoke alarm for that room.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've recently started replacing everything Mayo with Avacado ...

I do normally put avacado slices on my Tuna sammy;s but now I mush up a whole avacado and use it as spread or even replace mayo with my Tuna ..

I'ts not bad, I also to chance it up get a head of lettuce, and pull a clean leaf off, put the tuna mixture in the leaf and roll it up like a wrap

some salt doesn't hurt for flavor, but man using the Lettuce instead of bread saves you so much in everything! and it's so refreshingly crisp!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options

2 can tuna, 2 eggs, 1 roll of crackers (i uses the cheep walmart ones), ms. dash seasoning

Mix it all up, then pour some light veggie oil or coconut oil in a pan and cook till nice brown color.

Really yummy, but will smoke up your kitchen so turn off the smoke alarm for that room.

I do this with Canned Salmon! Adding Green Onions , slivers of white onion, Lemon Juice and dill, Add 1 egg, crush bread crumbs or crackers into it ... So freaking y ummy!
  • avchicago3
    Options
    I always use fat free or low fat plain greek yogurt or dijon mustard instead of mayo to make tuna salad and instead of bread I use lettuce leaves. I also chop up some red onion and any herb that I have either growing or have in the fridge and toss it in with the tuna. I love them and so does my roommate who is not dieting, but doesn't eat meat.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There's a good collection of recipes at www.cloverleaf.ca, including 5-ingredient recipes and recipes that use those little flavoured tunas too. (*heart* tuna!)
  • mrsdero
    Options
    I use garlic oil or the minced garlic as a replacement for mayo. One of my favorite recipes is a Tuna Melt. I use pumpernickle bread, 1/2 a can of tuna, garlic oil and a small amount of skim milk mozzarella and put it in my toaster oven to melt/crisp up. SOOOO good
  • tater8589
    Options

I do this with Canned Salmon! Adding Green Onions , slivers of white onion, Lemon Juice and dill, Add 1 egg, crush bread crumbs or crackers into it ... So freaking y ummy!

Its my grandfathers recipe and is supost to be salmon, but tuna is cheeper... my buget can be tight lol
  • havfaith
    Options
    TUNA CARROT SALAD

4 Carrots
    1/2 Can Tuna
    1 to 2 T. Mayonnaise
    Shoestring potatoes, optional

Combine tuna and carrots. Mix with mayonnaise. Serve on lettuce leaf. May be topped with shoestring potatoes.
    Serves 3
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarakt79
    Options
    I love tuna salad and I also love cottage cheese so I decided to sub the mayo with the cottage cheese and I love it! It also adds a lot more protein. Making a wrap with lettuce is great too! It makes it so much yummier.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Makes about two cups and it's sooo good. Just had this for lunch!
    1/2 cup of this is only 48 calories. I will either eat it with whole wheat Triscuit crackers or make a wrap using a whole wheat tortilla. Also good on half an avocado!

2 Cans of Tuna
    1/2 onion minced
    1/2 cucumber minced
    1 small tomato minced
    1/2 green pepper minced
    3Tbls balsamic vinegar
    pinch of sea salt
    2 Tbls of fresh parsley.

mix all together and serve. simple, easy and fast for those who hate to cook! like me!!