New to this Site

Options
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and very excited Julie Hadden posted it for everyone to check out :). I am a 38 year young Grandma who lost my forever love, my daughter in February of this year totally unexpectedly. She left behind my 5 month old at the time Grandson who is now 13 mths old as of yesterday Landon. He is now living with the Dad and I get to see him very little but am grateful for the time I do have with him. I have had this weight problem since I had my daughter in 1991 and just can't keep the motivation and stick with anything. I am now attempting to make ME part of my daily routine. I am hoping with all of the support from my new friends this time I will be able to lose the pounds and be there when my gorgeous Grandson walks down the aisle.............Bound and Determined ::happy:

Replies

• hcaruthers
    Options
    Hey my name is Heather I am 24 years old. Been married to the love of my live Travis for 4 years. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Chloe who is 3 and Breea who is 6 months. After i had Chloe i shot up to my highest weight, during the pregnancy with Breea i was under m pre-pregnancy weight the entire time and lost 20 lbs before i left the hospital! I've been through out this year with my Mamaw dieing (who i was very close to), my niece passing (she was 6 weeks old) and my best friend just passing a couple weeks ago (he was 24). So I'm looking for a change, seems like all i want to do eat, eat, eat. So I firgured since i lost 20lbs leaving the hosptal that i can go more!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Good luck this is a great site for support and knowledge. :flowerforyou:
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I myself almost lost my little girl to cancer when she was 2. But thankfully God saw fit to let her stay with me. She is now cancer free and going to be 10 next month.
    I also have a little boy who is 6.
    Before I got pregnant I had gotten down to my ultimate low of 113lbs. Then…I got pregnant and walked out of the hospital after having my son at 200lbs. I was able to get within 20lbs of where I want to be…but I'm stuck right now.
    MFP has been such a help for me and everyone is so nice. I think you will like it here.
  • hcaruthers
    Options
    that's awesome that yor little girl will be 10!! God is so wonderful in everything that He does! I know you can do that last 20lbs just keep at!!