Chinese takeaway...

Options
Right,

After losing a good 12lb lately, now down 37lb. I just wondered in reality are the chinese takeaway figures for calories accurate?

I will have one container of chicken curry, dish of egg fried rice and a handful of chips.

One container chicken curry: 455 cals
Egg fried rice 300g - 580cals
Chips - 300cals

If so, not ate much today, so should be fine, or will I see a crazy sodium spike on the scale tomorrow?

Replies

• TylerAvenger
    Options
    Chinese food (at least the stuff you get in the United States) has a crap ton of sodium. I ate panda express the other day and yeah... learned it the hard way lol
  • mayweather13
    mayweather13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOL, how hard was the after effects the next day?
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Most (American) Chinese dishes have a lot of sodium so you would likely see a temporary gain from it. But unless you are watching sodium for another reason, I'm not sure it really matters if you have a gain one day, especially when you know what it's from. Obviously that's just my opinion though.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just curious here, but what are chips from a chinese restaurant never heard of that. Also seems high calories for just a handful of them.
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    by chips, do you mean those awful crackers they give with the soups? they are loaded with salt, at least at the chinese takeaways around these parts, try to avoid those at least.