About to Throw In the Towel

Options
13»

Replies

• redhotsc
    redhotsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So many great comments on here! I personally have reduced my processed sugars and found other exercises to do. There are plenty of things out there to do that don't involve extra areas of the body flying around that you can also do with the kids around. I have a four year old and one year old. I have found that I can plug them into Mickey Mouse for 15-20 minutes and I can ride the bike or do kettlebell workouts while they are temporarily plugged in. I know it is not the best for them...but what is 15 or 20 minutes? I can also get out the yoga ball and do some core exercises in the yard or the living room while they play. Think outside of the box. Best of luck.
  • VelcroButt
    VelcroButt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you, My friend and I were walking 30 minutes every day at lunch, but now i can't walk at lunch i work thru lunch leaving my excercise when I am with the kids and sometimes they jog with me sometimes they power walk and then i hear "mommy slow down" lol...
    but i will try that and just go from there...
    Maybe I was just trying to hard to get it off too fast :)

I realize this isn't your primary concern but have you tried putting your kids on bikes or roller skates (if they already know how to skate) while you run? I can actually get a decent run in with my kids this way.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    wow - an OP who actually took advice and didn't jump back down everyone's throat when it was offered! Awesome!

I wish you all the best OP!! :flowerforyou:
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Okay, Yes I know my Diet goes back and forth...I do excercise, (and when i run my fat hurts..) lol i try to eat for the most part healthy. I like dr pepper and try to stear clear but have my foul ups. but for the most part i have flucuated the same dang 5 pounds for the last 2 years.
    So yes, I feel as if AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I notice though, yes somedays i go OVER my calories. and other days i am under. Its set at 1200 which i hate but dang it i want my fat to fall off not hurt :) so i don't want to eat back the ones i burn. but i am starting to think that is what is hendering my weight lose...................;
    If you have been fluctuating by five pounds over the last few years, that means that you are maintaining because weight naturally fluctuates.

If you are maintaining, you are eating way more than 1200 calories most days, therefore you are not in a calorie deficit.

Do you log your food? If yes, do you log every single thing you eat?

Do you weigh all solid foods and measure all liquids?

Do you log exercise calories? If so, where do you get your burns estimates from? Gym machines and MFP and phone calorie burn apps have high calorie counts.

Raising calories is never the answer to why you are not losing weight, but it is the answer to properly fueling your body while staying within a calorie deficit. First, make sure you are properly logging calories in/calories burned, THEN look at whether you feel you need more calories to better fuel your body.
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    great info here...thanks
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I guess I could do that instead of stressing.
    And I guess I could actually eat back what I burn in activity lol.
    I will try that and see where it goes.

Or keep doing what you are doing which isn't working. Try something that you can stick to.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts so forgive me if this is a repeat. The diet advice sounds solid. Exercise can be fun! What your doing sounds hideous (makes my fat hurt eeee) find an exercise you'd love to do and start there! Dancing, self-defense,weight lifing, biking, hiking, swimming, Oriental Dance, or working out to a video at home!
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Some awesome advice here. Good luck OP - glad you're sticking it out, and I hope you are feeling better with the increase in calories.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    wow - an OP who actually took advice and didn't jump back down everyone's throat when it was offered! Awesome!

I wish you all the best OP!! :flowerforyou:

thats because the delivery of their advice was professional no sarcasm. good post
  • sfhudgens
    sfhudgens Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)