How Do I Gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to be super nervous and shy in the weights area before (still a little shy when it's crowded), but I've been using the website below and it has been working for me (I love lifting now!). Their plan tells you exactly what to do that day with videos on proper form attached. I watch the videos the day before and then again while I'm at the gym. I used to be nervous about whether or not someone else will see me watching the videos but others are right, you're there for you and most others don't pay attention to you anyway. Good luck!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

Edited for spelling errors :)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    My Y offers several small group weight lifting classes. They're cheaper than sessions with trainers, but still enough attention to make sure you're getting your form right.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Took me years to develop a solid routine and familiarize myself with all the equipment/weights. My gym is a large chain, so it can be intimidating . Watch those around you, don't be afraid to ask questions, look up workouts on youtube and pinterest, etc. You'll get it.
  • Lilanivd
    Lilanivd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You could perhaps start off by trying something like the Body for Life, strength training regime. It has a good plan to get you started on lifting, and it spells out exactly what must do. You can pick up the book for cheap.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    ASK, ASK, ASK.... life is a learning curve nobody knows everything, this way you`ll make connections for the next time you want support with your form, injuries or even a shoulder to cry on...