The weirdest part of losing weight?

Options
melimomTARDIS
melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
Losing weight has been a total mind blow for me.

I was 180 lbs, 38 D bra,wearing a woman's size 16 pant when I started losing weight

I am now a juniors 9, I'm 148lbs, and my bra band is a 32!

I'm 15lbs from goal, but already-

I've had to replace my jeans, then my bras, and ultimately even my stretch yoga pants stopped fitting. (Yoga pants? Really?)

My wedding ring, a size 5, fits, and slides around. I was wearing size eight band for 3 years.

It is uncomfortable to sit for still for a prolonged time. I noticed my un padded kitchen chairs are hard.(I've owned those chairs for 5 years!!!)

I had to give my belts to goodwill, not enough notches!

My underwear started to bag and sag, and ride halfway up my back! Out they went. I didn't know I'd need smaller sized undies for gods sake.

Also, I had a new friend comment how it's great I am "naturally thin". That's been the weirdest of all!

Edited to add- thank goodness for goodwill for pants/shirts and walmart for panties and socks. I seem to be "renting" my clothes nowadays.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Edited to add- thank goodness for goodwill for pants/shirts and walmart for panties and socks. I seem to be "renting" my clothes nowadays.

agreed - thank you good will for helping me afford this and allowing me to save up my money for a nice big shopping spree when I finally get to my goal weight instead of spending it all on jeans along the way!
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    i am low income, and i am used to wearing clothes until they wear out to tatters. i have decided that spending 20 bucks every 3 months is okay, as long as I buy and return from goodwill.
  • girly9irl
    girly9irl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL this made me smile. Well done. That's motivation.
  • rainbownow55
    Options
    Boy have you hit the nail on the head!! I've been there and need to head there again. Did you have any problem with self image--even to guess what you would look like when you reach goal? I have always been heavy and I am so tired of being that.But I have no idea how I would look thin to put that image in my head and keep and get me motivated to hang in there.
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with that issue lol. The funniest thing I notice is my favorite shoes now seem to be too wide. I guess when I gained weight it had no where else to go so it went to my feet LOL
    I've learned to shop in my daughter's closet for clothes is the cheapest why to replace clothes that are too big.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's so weird to be wearing clothing one day and it fits just fine but a week or so later you feel like having it taken in. What's bad is when you are work and your underwear starts falling down and you have to duck into the bathrooms to fix it.

I've donated my used clothing to Goodwill before and as I shrink I will keep dropping it off there to find a good home. I can seem to find clothing there to buy for myself tho. I'm just to fussy on how clothing fits on me. I can find 20 shirts that I think look good but when I try them on I will only buy one or two of them.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    It's GREAT, isn't it?! Well, except for my butt kinda hurts on hard chairs, too. There's still some fat back there, but it's weird feeling bones when I sit especially bc I still can lose quite a bit more.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I've encountered a couple of weird things too-- one is that even though I eat enough, I'm now usually cold, whereas before I was always too hot. And when I lie on my side, my knee bones poke into each other! Ouch!! Strange new sensation.

Also, getting used to one's new bodily appearance is pretty strange. It's like, this is MY body??! Wow.

One very odd thing I noticed when I had lost the first few pounds was that my tummy, which is where a lot of my fat is stored, felt squishier-- like the skin was looser and the fat less dense. My skin seems to have caught up again and it doesn't feel squishy anymore, but that was weird!
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Boy have you hit the nail on the head!! I've been there and need to head there again. Did you have any problem with self image--even to guess what you would look like when you reach goal?

Im a love your body person, and I loved my fat body! I dont know what I thought Id look like, its all been a surprise to me. Who knows what I'll look like when I am "thin", but I keep on trucking. At this point Im just trying to be in a healthy BMI range/excersize/whatch what I eat/heal my GERD :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with that issue lol. The funniest thing I notice is my favorite shoes now seem to be too wide. I guess when I gained weight it had no where else to go so it went to my feet LOL
    I've learned to shop in my daughter's closet for clothes is the cheapest why to replace clothes that are too big.

Your feet flatten out from the extra pressure. No joke.
  • cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    LOL best post ever!! Congrats!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    the worst part for me has definitely been how i can no longer sleep on my side, because my knees hurt when they are together. F'ING SUCKS i have to put a sheet or blanket between them LMAO. fml.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    these problems I can handle! Can't wait to join all of you in your "misery" JK LOL! :flowerforyou: Congratulations to you all!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50+ pounds in the last 6-8 months. The first thing I did was buy new belts. The next thing I did was buy a leather hole punch:laugh: I have always shopped thrift stores, it is just easier to find nice things in the smaller sizes. It is not uncommon for me to buy five or six shirts a week. It forces me to go through my closets at least once a month to cull the ones I don't really wear. I was having trouble finding shoes wide enough, but now my feet have gotten half a size smaller, and are not as wide. The one thing I'm not so crazy about, I found out I had a few wrinkles.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes&feature=kp
    NSFW language
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I have a pair of skinny jeans I wore when I first started my weight loss journey. They are a 38 men's. (I don't know the size in women's) They WERE skinny jeans. Were. When I bought them. Now, they fit me really loose. Every time I wear them, someone asks me "Are those your 'skinny' jeans?"

I was 220 when I started. A size 42 in men's jeans (I am 'genderqueer', so most of my clothes are men's clothes, but I do have some female clothes now - however, when I was bigger, I never wore them as I always felt... uncomfortable [ they always fit tightly.. I could never find the 'right' size] ). I am now a 30 in men's. I never thought my waist would be that small! I am a 5-8 in women's. Depending on brand (women sizes seem to vary far more than men's, anyone who denies this is naive...). I am not used to being so small compared ot how I used to be. When clothes shopping with my sister and a friend, the friend threw some pants at me. They were a size 5. I looked at them and kind of raised my eyebrow like "I am NOT this ssmall, put these back" but to my surprise... they weren't THAT tight. The ones that did fit, were only one size higher.

I was a 42DD at my highest weight. YIKES. I am now a B cup. I couldn't tell you what the number is. I wear sports bras now (was easier and cheaper to replace). I officially have the smallest cup size of all my sisters and friends, but I don't care. I actually like that part. Big boobs were hard. They caused me back problems (dropping cup sizes has actually made exercising easier!) and made it hard to sleep on my back. I have went through three belts. My friend gave me one of her old ones some time back. At first I looked at her thinking "I'll never fit this!". It fits now.

I am happy at my current size, don't get me wrong. Very happy. And motivated to stay healthy and get fit now. However, it has been a weird journey! I think the weirdest part, for me, is hearing people refer to me as "small". I'll never get used to that.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes&feature=kp
    NSFW language

;) you win the internet!
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    the worst part for me has definitely been how i can no longer sleep on my side, because my knees hurt when they are together. F'ING SUCKS i have to put a sheet or blanket between them LMAO. fml.

This is the part I loved, lol! Not so much the boney knees, but the fact that I was back to shoving the blanket between my knees to keep the boney parts from touching instead of under my belly, between my boobage and between my thighs to counteract gravity {and contact sweat, eeeeww} while I slept.