New again. How to lose last 5 lbs?

Options
jajsmom
jajsmom Posts: 22 Member
My youngest is almost 23 mo. old. When I got pregnant with him, I gained about 45 lbs(35 with my others). I've actually gotten back down to just under my pre-pregnancy weight which is all good. I'm about 5'5" and 130lbs. I would really like to get back down to 125 to feel good about myself. Of course before kids, I was 115-118. I know I'm older now, 41 and my body has changed with having 6 kids. I try to eat healthy and exercise about 3-4 times a week. It's basically my belly I want to work on. I've been maintaining weight up and down 2-4 lbs for months now. What can I do to work on abs and to help with the last 5? I'm also a vegetarian. I usually do Jillian Michael's DVD(currently doing Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism), jog a mile here and there and use a workout machine(pulley's, leg press, chest press, etc). Thanks. You may also friend me if you'd like to.

Replies

• Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The last 5 pounds takes forever and there isn't any way to speed it up. I am also down to my last 5 pounds and truthfully, I don't need to lose them, its just vanity and I want some wiggle room in my diet. (I'm presently 5'-7" and 137 pounds I would be happy with 135) I restarted MFP when I had a weight creep after the holidays.

I just switched my goal to .5 pounds a week and I am going to add more strength training to my routine and see if that does the trick. I'm also going to up my calories. I may find that the strength training gives my the look I'm wanting and I never lose those last couple of pounds.