What is the best running shoe for flat feet?

akosiza
akosiza Posts: 10
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Everyone. I've been trying different rubber shoes for running. My friend said I have flat feet. Any suggestions?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Best thing I ever did to find the right running show was to go to Foot Rx...or another running specialty store.....they'll put you on the readmill and see what you really need. Helps SO much having the right shoes! Good luck.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    on that has inserts to help with overpronation (when your ankle turns into the center when you apply pressure)....
    i strongly suggest you go to your local running store and have them fit you properly for running....if you cant afford the shoes they are selling, then get the name brand and style/model number and search the internet for them cheaper...just cause you try them there doesnt mean you have to buy them there.....
    good luck...
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    BUMP!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I bought the Brooks Ghost 2 running shoe and got gel inserts for them. I have flat feet and I never have any foot pain with these shoes. The gel inserts really help with arch support and with the impact from running. They also tend to run a little wider and I have wide feet as well. They are $100 shoes and $20 inserts tho... but I definitely suggest going to a store that will see how you walk and fit you with the right kind of shoe. It makes a big difference.
  • Thank you all! It helps to have the right shoes especially for someone who has flat feet. I have Dr. Scholls Tri-comfort Orthotics but for some reason my feet just hurts when i start running even after a 20min. brisk walk. Thanks again! ;)
This discussion has been closed.