Am I the only one who binges on not usual binges food?

Options
Well, i know binging sometimes means i am not doing things right, i know! But i wanted to know if i am all alone on this because i think it's a bit weird!
So, i use to binge on nuts, digestive cookies, integral cereals, integral bread, low fat things, low fat turkey ham or peanuts, and i know calories are just calories, but pizza, french fries, burgers, chocolate, cupcakes, chips, donuts, sweets dont trigger me, dont dont call my attetion as much as the other food, so i guess its a bit healthier (not much, i know...again, calories are calories).
BUUUUUT i know if there is pizza and special k or all bran, i know i will be crazy about those cereals and do not even look at pizza!
Does someone is like this? or am ai a weirrrrrdo? ughhh, i kinda like special k ****tyyyy cereals and these cookies
http://www.informacionmercadona.es/wp-content/uploads/maria-integral.jpg (21 kcal per 1)

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't crave typical binge foods either. It is usually hummus, pesto or granola for me when I really want a large quantity of something. However, I am fine with eating things like pizza and sweets in small amounts.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I've ever had an actual "binge" but when I overeat it is usually on the same foods I always eat. Or on baby back ribs, which I don't eat often because they are too high calories, but I can seriously eat several racks of at once if I let myself.

And crab legs. Those are low calorie so I don't know if would qualify as a binge, but I can eat crab legs until I literally can not eat any more.

ETA: oh yes, hummus. Love that stuff. I can way too much of that very easily.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Mostly almonds. I would eat almost a pound a day. Also raspberries, cherries, California style dried apricots.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I can overeat on hummus sooooo easily. So so so easily. Also my homemade granola bars, salmon and sushi. I almost never overeat on junk food because a little goes a long way, but it's easier to forget about my calorie bottom line if I'm eating something nutritionally rich, you know?

Edit: AND CASHEWS. I can control myself with any other nut, but holy **** I can go to TOWN on cashews.
  • Madddonnnaaa
    Options
    Cereal, bread, any lowfat processed carb for me sends me into a binge state-of-mind.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In the past my binges made me eat literally anything from bread to anything in my cupboards O.o I'm so glad I'm not that weak any more, now I can always cook something relatively healthy even if I'm really hungry. It sounds good that you crave bran, it might be your body wanting vitamins instead of fatty foods :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I can overeat on hummus sooooo easily. So so so easily. Also my homemade granola bars, salmon and sushi. I almost never overeat on junk food because a little goes a long way, but it's easier to forget about my calorie bottom line if I'm eating something nutritionally rich, you know?

Haha, same here! Whenever I have a ton of extra calories left over at night, I go straight for the hummus and granola (not together).
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know! but the thing: a calorie is a calorie, is stuck in my head!
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :)! yay, well i am a constipated (sorry haha) girl! so idk, just the flavour is so gooood to me! i am not much into junk food, so i guess its better!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I don't crave typical binge foods either. It is usually hummus, pesto or granola for me when I really want a large quantity of something. However, I am fine with eating things like pizza and sweets in small amounts.

I use to binge on pesto as well too. All that fat and pasta. Not good. But other than that it seems pretty normal.

Besides a binge is a binge no matter what kind of food it is.
  • asghaglj
    asghaglj Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to binge on anything I could get my hands on. Nuts, granola and dried fruit are my weaknesses.
  • urgirlworksout
    urgirlworksout Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    on weekends I binge on my Muesli and raisins like nobody's business. You ARE NOT ALONE!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Cheese and meat (like swiss cubed, turkey cubed) and cottage cheese with salsa, cashews and snap peas. If I don't pre-portion these things out before I even put them away in the fridge, then all is lost. I buy the little snack size containers and portion them immediately and then they go into my 'graze box.' (one in the pantry, one in the fridge.) I don't crave the processed stuff either.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    So, i use to binge on nuts, digestive cookies, integral cereals, integral bread, low fat things, low fat turkey ham or peanuts, and i know calories are just calories, but pizza, french fries, burgers, chocolate, cupcakes, chips, donuts, sweets dont trigger me, dont dont call my attetion as much as the other food, so i guess its a bit healthier (not much, i know...again, calories are calories).

Not sure why you'd consider some of these unusual binge foods. Bread, nuts, and cereals are common binge foods. Digestive cookies are still cookies, and thus a classic binge food. They have almost exactly as many calories per gram Oreo cookies. They are not, on any level, healthier just because they have "digestive" in the title and are (falsely) known to be lower in calories than typical cookies.

I think low fat luncheon meat would be an atypical binge food IF you're eating it alone. But if you're slapping it between slices of bread, that's not unusual at all

Somebody else mentioned granola. That's another very popular food to overeat since most commercial granola is super high in sugar and fat, worse than a lot of candy and other sweets.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Sliced salami with cheese and pizza sauce melted in the microwave.

Cool Whip.

Plain peanutbutter with splenda.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I binge, more likely than not, it's on cereal. Especially if I have Honey Bunches of Oats.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i binge on cereal b4 anything just how we get sometimes in our weeks like we need a little bit more and maybe we do ... because we calorie restrict ourselves
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Sliced salami with cheese and pizza sauce melted in the microwave.

Cool Whip.

Plain peanutbutter with splenda.

My sister use to massively overeat on cool whip with peanut butter. Tasty combo. I probably would have too if peanut butter over a certain amount didn't upset my stomach.
  • tbaby1279
    tbaby1279 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lately, my cravings/binge food are trail mix (preferably Fisher's Summit Mix and Planter's Fruit and Nut Mix) and peanut butter. I wouldnt feel so bad but the peanut butter has sooooo many calories in it. #thestruggle
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not the only one!

The way I gained so much weight was because I was eating too much of a good thing! I've never had a sweet tooth or bought junk food (my budget never allowed it) But I absolutely would cook and eat several servings of beans and rice, or eat TWO veggie hummus sandwiches for lunch every day instead of limiting myself to one, or eat a 4-egg omelet with veggies and cheese when I should have just ordered a 2-egg omelet.

My choices never had anything to do with "bingeing" on unhealthy food, but eating too much of healthy whole foods.