How many hours do you workout daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Short answer: 45-90 minutes, 4-5 days/week (6-7 days/week if I'm feeling super ambitious).

Long answer: Back when I had a membership to LAFitness, my trainer told me that I should do at least 45 minutes of cardio/day. He said that fat begins to burn off after 20 minutes of cardio - so doing 45 minutes of cardio would give me 25 minutes of active fat burning. I'm 5'2", 187 lbs and I keep my heartrate at or above 140 the whole time (my target range is btwn 125 - 154).
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I workout 1 hour six days a week, but i'm a waitress and I work 3, 12-hour shifts three days a week and one 8 hour shift once a week, so I definitely get my excercise in
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1 hr at least 4X a week
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Short answer: 45-90 minutes, 4-5 days/week (6-7 days/week if I'm feeling super ambitious).

Long answer: Back when I had a membership to LAFitness, my trainer told me that I should do at least 45 minutes of cardio/day. He said that fat begins to burn off after 20 minutes of cardio - so doing 45 minutes of cardio would give me 25 minutes of active fat burning. I'm 5'2", 187 lbs and I keep my heartrate at or above 140 the whole time (my target range is btwn 125 - 154).

I do 20 mins of strength training 3 times a week followed immediately by 30 mins of cardio for that exact reason. I'm glad another user posted the same training concept that I believe in

I work out in 11 day stretches. 30 - 60 mins of intense cardio every day & strength training 3 times a week
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 days per week, 1 hour at a time, alwyas something different, trying to maintain, not go too crazy