I'm breaking up with you Jillian Michaels

Options
It is over! You are bad for my already bad knees. I'm tired of being in constant pain. I'm going back to walking and Chalean Extreme. She is nice to my knees and not at all condescending. I will be donating you to Half Price Books! Never ever again will I be fooled into thinking you are good for me. Thank go for Tramadol.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It is over! You are bad for my already bad knees. I'm tired of being in constant pain. I'm going back to walking and Chalean Extreme. She is nice to my knees and not at all condescending. I will be donating you to Half Price Books! Never ever again will I be fooled into thinking you are good for me. Thank go for Tramadol.

I can't do much high impact either.....I don't have to break up as we were never going steady. So many options out there....Kelly Coffey Meyer and Ellen Barrett are my favorites.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You do what is best for YOU. :) JM is NOT the be all/end all of exercise. I am not crazy about her, either. I didn't need her to lose the weight I have.....and I have happy knees.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to L-O-V-E JM workouts. I did her Body Revolution program last year - lost about 10 lbs out of 20 lbs that i wanted to lose. but yeah, i kind of got fed up with her constantly screaming at me LOL :laugh: Now i 'm doing t25 pretty awesome program.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You do what is best for YOU. :) JM is NOT the be all/end all of exercise. I am not crazy about her, either. I didn't need her to lose the weight I have.....and I have happy knees.

I love her. I would marry her.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I used to L-O-V-E JM workouts. I did her Body Revolution program last year - lost about 10 lbs out of 20 lbs that i wanted to lose. but yeah, i kind of got fed up with her constantly screaming at me LOL :laugh: Now i 'm doing t25 pretty awesome program.

Glad I got that as a gift...and to be honest my sister admitted that she had been given it previously but never used it (obviously, she gave it to me still in its original packing lol). I haven't opened it either, but now I'm scared too. I'll stick with Chalean, she's awesome...and I love the girls that do her modifications since I have to do the low impact mods (tore my ACL a while back and still have issues with it).
  • JillianMichae1s
    Options
    Umm . . . I don't think so, sweets. Better think again or there is going to be trouble.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You can ALWAYS modify exercises that aggravate injuries or otherwise cause persistent discomfort. Jumping activities are very difficult for me, so I modify jumping jacks to keep them low impact. Had a bootcamp trainer that insisted I "put my all" into jumping jacks and jumping rope. She had to accept that I *was* putting my all into my exercise--all of my self-knowledge, history of tendon injuries, and good common sense--and my modifications did NOT keep me from losing pounds or inches during those three months.

If we're willing to be honest with ourselves, we can learn to know the difference between being unwilling to push through challenging exercise and being aware of our body's current limitations. Getting to that place of trust, especially when you've been as inactive as I have in the past few years, does take work. But we deserve that kind of internal trust, so we can take care of ourselves even as we work toward dynamic wellness.