numb toes on treadmill

Options
So, I've noticed that after about a half hour or so on the treadmill or elliptical, my toes start to get a little tingly, or numb, or whatever….anyone else have this issue? ANyone know what causes it, how to make it bettter? Are my shoelaces too tight or something???

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue ... I have asked trainers but no one has a good answer for me. I am thinking maybe has to do with circulation?
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the same issue. Well, had. There's another post for this topic with lots of responses and advice. Most say to loosen your shoe laces and focus on using your whole foot instead of staying on the balls of your feet.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Same problem here too...usually by the middle of a workout I have to change my shoes. It usually fixes the problem :)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Definitely the shoes. I had the same problem. Switched shoes & all is better. Maybe the ones you have now are to narrow? (Not saying that you have wide feet). Seemed like when I wore certain nike pairs, I would have that tingly feeling.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So, it is not the shoes... It is more common on an elliptical than on a treadmill. The cause is lack of circulation.
    Before you start & then every ten minutes after, stop for 30 seconds and stretch your feet and ankles out. Like circular motions & up and down stretching motions & you shouldn't have these issues again.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Problem with circulation. Try to change positions or jump on the stationary bike for a few minutes. I used to try taking garlic tablets for improved circulation, but that didn't do anything.