College girl new to the site, want to be friends?

Options
So I recently decided yesterday that it is time to start getting hotter. I'm sick of walking around campus and seeing girls in jeggings. Partially because they look like they have no pants on, and the other part is me wishing i was stick skinny in order to pull them off. I am 5'5" and currently 145lbs. I am not fluffy anywhere in particular (big boobs helps bring up the weight), but I just want to be much more fit than I am now.

My friend has just started to lose weight, so I suppose she has motivated me to start. She has always been bigger than me, so to see the weight difference gap get smaller makes me want to still fight for the "cuter friend" position even more. (Oh please, it sounds selfish and conceited, but you know you would feel the same way :P)

So are any girls around my age doing the same? I feel like it is hard for us being around junk food and quick meals all the time with friends and would like to be able to get helpful strategies from others.

So if you are a carboholic like me and love your desserts, please dont hesitate to talk!

Replies

• kerryrief
    Options
    Well I'm not in college, but I'm 26 and a carbaholic as well!!! I can't say no to bread or crackers...mmm crackers and cheese. Okay no I need to stop that! :) But yes I feel your pain!

I've only been on the site since this morning and already so many kind people have reached out! I really believe you can get a lot of support here! Good luck!
  • brittany517
    brittany517 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dessert, did you say dessert!?!?!? I love dessert, which is probably why I joined My Fitness Pal. I also come from a family of pasta lovers so the carb thing is a given.

I would love to offer support, as long as you are willing to offer in return. The more support we have the better off we will be!
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Not in college at the moment, I'm 27y/o and also a carboholic!! This is a great site and everyone is so supportive. Add me if you'd like and we can help each other :flowerforyou:
  • catznolan
    Options
    Hey im cathy and I would be whats classed as the "heavier friend"!! i had lost all the weight (around 5st) but through college pressure, family dramas and no exercise ive managed to put it all back on! I bought the INSANITY dvd to try and kick start my exercise and am gonna try focus on other stuff rather than my weight ....im a compulsive weigher though so this gets hard!!

How are you getting on?

Cathy x