Pole Dancing!

Options
Any other pole dancers out there?

Hello, I have gotten a lot stronger and leaner since starting pole fitness , but I have weight that needs to come off before I get better (plus it'll be easier to lift!) i have bad knees, which is why I started pole in the first place. What's some extra cardio that's fun that makes me want to get up and move?

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Zumba? It's basically cardio dancing, and there are only a few (easily modify-able) moves that cause my knees any discomfort.
  • battlestarlet
    battlestarlet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow pole dancer here. Looking for others too, feel free to connect. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been pole dancing for 10 years, I taught classes before I had my last two kids (I have four kids) the youngest ones are 1 and 2, and I'm currently nursing a fractured collar bone!! So...I'm kind of on a hiatus but I stare out the window at my pole all day hahah. It is definitely a work out and hits muscles you didn't know you had. It's hands down my favorite cardio.

ETA in my classes there are glas of ALL shapes and sizes, the best way to get better is to keep doing it. You will get stronger, and thereby smaller as you continue.