No wonder I am so overweight....

Options
Does anyone else ever look at the calories on the items that you used to eat? I do and I am shocked, and that was just one meal! Here is an example: Jack in the Box Sourdough Jack-683 and french fries-621. That's 1304 and that's w out the drink too!

Replies

• EricJaramillo34
    Options
    Just looked and saw yesterday that the taco salad that was so amazing before i started this was almost 1400 cal. It's has salad in the name.....Doesn't that automatically mean that it's supposed to be good for you? It is almost sickening to think of the garbage i put in my body before i started to pay attention to it.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Not just calories, but sugars and sodium
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to look I know it had to be bad. :noway: I feel better eating the way I eat now.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    This is part of the process. Looking back and realizing that eating the way you were eating does nothing good for your body. Eventually choosing the nutritious option becomes natural and you don't even have to think about it. The first few months for me were trial and error. I learned so much about my body. Tune into all of this and you will succeed.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just looked up what I was having for lunch almost everyday for months before I started this process and I almost fell out of my chair!!!! 1620 CALORIES!!!!!!!!!! that's one meal! That one meal back then is more than my daily allowance of calories now!!!
    HOLY CRAP!! if i had kept eating that crap I would have weighed a ton by the end of the year!!!! Sorry for all the exclamation marks I am just really in that much shock!:noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yeah, KFC was my fave and even though I knew it had calories, the salt content is what amazed me :noway:

I can't say I'll NEVER eat it again, but I sure wont be eating it while i'm trying to lose weight. No wonder the scales used to bounce up 4 or 5lbs after a KFC weekend!!

You certainly know how and why to make better choices :heart:
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I agree. I cringe at eating out nowadays, just knowing that everything is at least 1,000 cal on the menu. Even the lower calorie items on the menu at restaurants or fast food chains are for certain at least 500 cals!

I really don't know how Americans are expected to be healthy and stay at a normal weight when food options when eating out are not remotely even at considerable calories.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Yes it is amazing some of the things I used to eat and how many calories, sugar and fat. I feel so much better now that I am eating healthier
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to come home from school and eat 3 double peanut butter sandwiches before having my dinner and then gorging on chocolate.

It sickens me now >.<
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't look too much at the calories that I was consuming - I'm amazed by the QUANTITY of food. I would eat a whole medium size pizza all by myself or 2 full burger meals at one sitting. It was disgusting.

But all that's changed....thank goodness!
  • MegzyAngel
    MegzyAngel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes i look at the nutrition label..Very shocking to see what i was fueling my body with and the amount of calories (Rather scary and im glad im doing something about my weight now before its too late). We buy things with the least amount of calories now and least amount of sugar..... Avoid all processed foods where possible and we buy our fruit and veggies fresh (We buy frozen sometimes for lazy days so at least we are getting our veggies). I have also switched to Low GI foods.
    Very rarely do we get takeaways/fastfoods now. I always feel sick and guilty afterwards so dont see the point in having a 5 minute satisfaction then paying for it afterwards with weight gain and just feeling horrible.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 1-2 Sobe Energy drinks every single day. That's 2.5 servings per bottle. 2 of them comes to 550 calories and 135g of sugar!!! JUST MY DRINKS!! And I thought they were good for me, because I wasn't drinking soda....haha!