Legs Bums & Tums

Options
Hi
I know the usual crunches/sit ups/squats etc etc etc but is there anything else that if done religiously can help my problem areas?
If there is anything I can do other than the above? I don't know why, but because that's all everyone says you CAN do I absolutely HATE doing it. If someone said doing an hour of swimming a day or something would do it, I'd be theree!

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi
    I know the usual crunches/sit ups/squats etc etc etc but is there anything else that if done religiously can help my problem areas?
    If there is anything I can do other than the above? I don't know why, but because that's all everyone says you CAN do I absolutely HATE doing it. If someone said doing an hour of swimming a day or something would do it, I'd be theree!

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hello....the best way to fix problem areas is to burn fat...swimming is actually GREAT!!! So is cycling, jogging, walking, anything that gets the heart pumping!
    Follow up with some strength training and you will be good to go!!! GOOD LUCK!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. You gotta get that heart going! Something I like to do is go to a park track and do a walk/run routine coupled with walking lunges. I walk for a bit, then run for a bit, then at the end of each mile/lap I will do about 50 walking lunges. This really gives a great leg workout plus an awesome cardio burn!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Now that summer is coming I'm really excited to set up some obstacle courses in my yard or a park.
    I get bored easily so a number of exercises in short hard! spurts are great, here are some exercise I add into routine and change up all the time. Try 2 set of 10 or a count of 30 to a minute per move.
    jumping jacks
    high knee raises
    squat jumps
    low to the ground quick sideways shuffle
    jog on the spot or a lap
    front and side kicks add punches with or without light weights
    walking lunges with weights
    burpees ugh!

add some strength sets between one or two set of hard cardio to catch your breath, but the strength will keep up your heart rate and fat burning.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks!
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What are burpees?
  • travelbug
    Options
    What are burpees?

Start in a frog stance, crouched with your hands infront of your feet., knees out to the side. jump your legs out behind so your full length (like a push-up), jump back to centre, then jump straight up and repeat. Gets the whole body going.
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    burpees are haarrrrddd! Try walking lunges with rotation, planks, isolation squats, squats with curls and presses, instability workouts, plyometrics thrown in. If you need help pm me Id be more then happy to write you up a plan and get you going. -Jen
  • travelbug
    Options
    burpees are haarrrrddd!

They are so hard so I've been known to do them at a slow pace, no jumping involved. Step back one leg at a time, back in then, stand up. There are so many fun exercises you can do, mix it up so you stay interested.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bellydance...Total body workout and cardio combined...beautiful feminine artform...so much fun it doesn't feel like a workout but you'll feel it the next day...also, it is low impact and doesn't require muscle recovery time as does weight training.