Eating healthy, working out, but not seeing results?

Options

Replies

• Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Have you told your Dr the amount of cardio you do and your resting heart rate? I do around 5hrs of cardio and 80mins of weights a week and my resting heart rate has dropped and dropped as I got fitter. I'm 41, still 203lbs and my resting heart rate has gone from 80 (when I was 300lbs and very very unfit) and is now around 45 (and whilst able to run for around 150mins non stop but slowly, I'm still hardly an olympic athelete!). Your heart rate seems really really high and combined with your dietary issues I'd be asking my Dr to investigate thoroughly. Best of luck :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I'm taking in less calories than I'm burning, so shouldn't I be losing weight?

Yep, if you actually were taking in less calories.

I am sure you arent like one of those fools from the Secret Eaters programme, who are also baffled by their non-weight loss, while "accidentally" forgetting the kebab takeaway they had every night, but still... if you arent seeing results, you arent eating at a calorie deficit.
  • kelsielecrone
    kelsielecrone Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you told your Dr the amount of cardio you do and your resting heart rate? I do around 5hrs of cardio and 80mins of weights a week and my resting heart rate has dropped and dropped as I got fitter. I'm 41, still 203lbs and my resting heart rate has gone from 80 (when I was 300lbs and very very unfit) and is now around 45 (and whilst able to run for around 150mins non stop but slowly, I'm still hardly an olympic athelete!). Your heart rate seems really really high and combined with your dietary issues I'd be asking my Dr to investigate thoroughly. Best of luck :)

She knows the amount of cardio I'm doing (as well as the amount of calories I eat), and she's perfectly fine with it. She says that as long as I'm feeling alright, then it's okay. I just have to pay attention to how I'm feeling. I have to make sure I'm not getting head rushes, tired spells, nausea (from over working myself), etc...

And yes, she knows my resting heart rate. I've had tests done, and they've all come back perfectly normal. They told me that I had a very healthy heart, that just happened to beat faster than normal.
    But like I said, it's lower than it was when I was younger... so maybe it has to do with trying to get in shape, rather than just because I'm older?

Best of luck to you as well!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This is either a great troll thread or the OP is legit going to die soon.

Either way, I'm in.
  • kelsielecrone
    Options

I am sure you arent like one of those fools from the Secret Eaters programme, who are also baffled by their non-weight loss, while "accidentally" forgetting the kebab takeaway they had every night, but still... if you arent seeing results, you arent eating at a calorie deficit.

Trust me, I'm not like those people.
    And I AM eating at a deficit. Everything is recorded after I eat it.
    That's why I was so confused.

The past few days, I've been incorporating higher calorie foods (which was suggested) into my diet, and I've gained a pound... but I figured that's probably normal because my body is trying to get what it had been deprived of for so long.
  • kelsielecrone
    Options

Either way, I'm in.

You, my not-so friend, are an *sshole.
  • dmenchac
    Options

Either way, I'm in.

And you are either a lying sack of marbles or are seriously in danger. I would wager on the former. It is impossible to be averaging 600-800 calories per day and burning 1000 a day. You would not be able to do 3.5 hours of cardio. So like I said, you are a liar, and it really perturbs me. You are craving attention and I am sick of people like you. You are not a medical anomaly. You are not the exception. Now get in line, eat right, exercise right, and the weight will come off.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Girl .. First .. this is not a weight loss issue, this is a health issue at this point. Some professional help is needed .. and not on a forum. All I have read is that you have an excuse for everything .. sounds like an ED to me.

Fix that immediately .. and you will find that you will do much better.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!! ASAP!!!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Either way, I'm in.

And you are either a lying sack of marbles or are seriously in danger. I would wager on the former. It is impossible to be averaging 600-800 calories per day and burning 1000 a day. You would not be able to do 3.5 hours of cardio. So like I said, you are a liar, and it really perturbs me. You are craving attention and I am sick of people like you. You are not a medical anomaly. You are not the exception. Now get in line, eat right, exercise right, and the weight will come off.

As bad as I hate to, I agree with this.
  • defauIt
    defauIt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's literally impossible to be doing what you're doing. No human in the world can eat 600-800 calories a day while doing 3 hours of cardio and gain weight. Not unlikely, not rare, literally physically impossible.

Metabolic adaptation is possible, but not to the degree you're suggesting. You're claiming your body is over 100% efficient which violates basic conservation of energy laws.
  • dmenchac
    Options

Either way, I'm in.

As bad as I hate to, I agree with this.

Sometimes people just need to hear it. I am a man of the people and it needed to be done. If you need to lie on a weight loss website where so many great people work their tail off every day in order to have a better life, then you need to leave. I am tired of sorting through the filth on this site and I have only been here since January.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I do think the 600-800 calorie a day doing 3 hours of cardio is unlikely but its not impossible.

From personal experience I can say that I have done about 10 hours of cardio a day in a way that made my net caloric intake about -3500 calories per day. During this time I was at least 5000 calories under my BMR in terms of net. I lost about 10 pounds in 12 days with no lean muscle loss and at the end of it I've never felt more fit in my life. That caloric deficit with that much workload did not make my body shut down, actually quite the opposite I was practically bouncing off the walls when I was done, it was hard to sit still I had so much energy.

That said OP I am NOT suggesting you continue doing that much cardio on that few calories, it is clearly not doing you any favors.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    I do think the 600-800 calorie a day doing 3 hours of cardio is unlikely but its not impossible.

From personal experience I can say that I have done about 10 hours of cardio a day in a way that made my net caloric intake about -3500 calories per day. I lost about 10 pounds in 12 days with no lean muscle loss and at the end of it I've never felt more fit in my life. That caloric deficit with that much workload did not make my body shut down, actually quite the opposite I was practically bouncing off the walls when I was done, it was hard to sit still I had so much energy.

That said OP I am NOT suggesting you continue doing that much cardio on that few calories, it is clearly not doing you any favors.

So you did this every day for years and drastically lost and GAINED weight? (this is what the OP claimed happened)

Yeah, didn't think so.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

From personal experience I can say that I have done about 10 hours of cardio a day in a way that made my net caloric intake about -3500 calories per day. I lost about 10 pounds in 12 days with no lean muscle loss and at the end of it I've never felt more fit in my life. That caloric deficit with that much workload did not make my body shut down, actually quite the opposite I was practically bouncing off the walls when I was done, it was hard to sit still I had so much energy.

So you did this every day for years and drastically lost and GAINED weight? (this is what the OP claimed happened)

Yeah, didn't think so.

In what part of my post did I say I believed her story or did I say I thought she was doing herself a favor, I actually said the opposite did I not?

I'm just saying such things are not "impossible" to do. Are they impossible to do and not lose weight...well yeah that's true. If I gained weight during that time then well hook me up to a freaking generator because apparently I'm the solution to all our energy problems. Like I said I lost 10 pounds doing that and over just 12 days. Certainly would not have been sustainable long term.
  • defauIt
    defauIt Posts: 118 Member
    Options

From personal experience I can say that I have done about 10 hours of cardio a day in a way that made my net caloric intake about -3500 calories per day. During this time I was at least 5000 calories under my BMR in terms of net. I lost about 10 pounds in 12 days with no lean muscle loss and at the end of it I've never felt more fit in my life. That caloric deficit with that much workload did not make my body shut down, actually quite the opposite I was practically bouncing off the walls when I was done, it was hard to sit still I had so much energy.

I said doing that while gaining weight was impossible, not that doing that was impossible.

It is very possible to run yourself ragged by doing a ridiculous amount of exercise while eating almost nothing but you can't possibly be getting fatter while doing that. It would violate basic energy conservation laws.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The aggressive insults and nasty judgements are unwelcome here. If you don't want to read somebody's pleas for help (be they legitimate or not) then don't read them and don't participate in the thread. Nobody asked you to spend your time reading something that got you pissed off, that was your decision.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

I said doing that while gaining weight was impossible, not that doing that was impossible.

It is very possible to run yourself ragged by doing a ridiculous amount of exercise while eating almost nothing but you can't possibly be getting fatter while doing that. It would violate basic energy conservation laws.

This. OP is eating more than she thinks. Metabolic damage is a lot more difficult to cause than people think... or at least than people like to throw around on this site.

A little honesty with yourself can go a long way.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, this is what they all say. The eventual solution is always the same. Rules of science dont change. If you arent losing weight, you arent eating at a deficit.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, this is what they all say. The eventual solution is always the same. Rules of science dont change. If you arent losing weight, you arent eating at a deficit.

This. Especially with 4 hours of cardio
  • dmenchac
    Options
    The aggressive insults and nasty judgements are unwelcome here. If you don't want to read somebody's pleas for help (be they legitimate or not) then don't read them and don't participate in the thread. Nobody asked you to spend your time reading something that got you pissed off, that was your decision.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?