Songs that bring you back...

Options
wildrose53
wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
Driving home from work today I head a song that took me right back to a Jr High dance...ABC - All of My Heart. (Yes, I'm old) It's funny how music can bring back a flood of memories including what I was wearing and who I was dancing with. Do you have a song like that???

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Most 90's hip hop and R&B does that for me. :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge. It was the first time I was ever asked to dance.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Bryan Adams..."Everything I Do"
    7th grade dance with Kevin Stuart. He is as handsome now as he was then ((thank you FB)) and I wouldn't mind attending a reunion and dancing with him to it again...and again....and again.

and again
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore - REO Speedwagon...The first time I was asked to roller skate a couples...1 time I held hands with a boy besides my brother LoL
  • wildrose53
    Options
    I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore - REO Speedwagon...The first time I was asked to roller skate a couples...1 time I held hands with a boy besides my brother LoL

That's a good one too!!
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options

LOL, That was our class song-- class of 85 baby!!!

Come on feel the noise- Quiet Riot-- Was on the radio as I totaled my dads car as a stupid 16 year old in 1983 :)
  • wildrose53
    Options
    These are all great songs! I'm making a new playlist!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    These are all great songs! I'm making a new playlist!

Great idea!!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    The Flame - Cheap Trick :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mr Big - I'm the one who wants to be with you...
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Endless love. .....think 8th grade dance. Lol
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Water Runs Dry by Boyz II Men. I got asked to dance after the homecoming game my freshman year of high school by one of the football players. That song makes me think of that every time. :)
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Gin and Juice!!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Too many! For some reason, one that stands out is Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard. I was in junior high, riding the school bus on a field trip, and someone brought along their boom box. They blasted that song, but innocent little me had never heard it before so I was quite intrigued!
  • theliftingman1221
    Options
    Sweet. How about Blind Melon, No Rain.
  • mailroomclerk
    Options
    Too many! For some reason, one that stands out is Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard. I was in junior high, riding the school bus on a field trip, and someone brought along their boom box. They blasted that song, but innocent little me had never heard it before so I was quite intrigued!

Hahaha

For me it's Stacy's Mom. Just kidding but, uhh Morning Musume circa 2003, really ****ing weird and embarrassing here that would take too long to explain but it was the best time of my life all around lmao.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce

My brother sang that at my wedding...............................although I've been divorced a while now, I still like the song.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    N'Sync
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge. It was the first time I was ever asked to dance.

Same song - road tripping to football games senior year.