I'm Thirsty

Options
fahauser
fahauser Posts: 10 Member
I'm getting tired of drinking plain, old water and I'm not thrilled at the idea of Crystal Light and the like. Aside from a lemon or a lime, any thoughts on what would make my water less boring? And, unfortunately, Scotch isn't an option - at least not on a daily basis.

Thanks.

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well any type of tea would work. Also have a diet soda. They now have some 10 calorie sodas out with only 2 grams of sugar. Taste better than the diet stuff. I also get propel zero which is a sports drink with flavored water.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just brew a pitcher of Lipton Green Tea with my ice tea maker and drink that all day. It doesn't need much sweetener (if any) and it's not plain water. No reason to cut Diet [insert soda of choice] (or regular if you have the calories for it) out of your diet, either. A little lemon or cucumber in your water is refreshing. Some folks even enjoy carbonated water as an option.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like sparkling flavoured water, either the naturally flavoured zero cal kind or the artificially flavoured "diet" kind...recently discovered a lovely brand called Bottle Green that is 70 cal/cup. I also add just a splash or juice, or mix a half-cup with sparkling or flat water...still has calories, just way less than drinking a big glass.
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up a cucumber and put it in my water pitcher. Frozen berries are another good flavor to add. Makes it easier to drink
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    coke zero.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up a cucumber and put it in my water pitcher. Frozen berries are another good flavor to add. Makes it easier to drink

Cucumber in water is awesome! I like to add orange slices sometimes, too.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I don't like those crystal light type of flavorings either. I add in a tea bag and it's a nice change sometimes. Also any type of fruit slices work well too. If you have any frozen berries, drop a few in, it's a nice taste.
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wonderful topic. Here in most of Europe, we are drinking carbonated water. Water from the sink I'll drink if I have to, but flat water, even bottled doesn't taste right. I suppose carbonated water just tastes better to me.

If you can try drinking carbonated water I recommend it. I've read several things on the Internet that is telling me what I've thought for years. One is feeling much fuller due to the carbon dioxide gas (carbonation). It is obviously more voluminous than flat water. I will normally drink three to four 0,75L in a day and I pretty much have a feeling of fullness all day long.

Worth a try.

A nice Single Malt would be good on the side, though. :)
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have started liking club soda with lime juice. Most people think it's gross and I didn't love it at first. I started drinking that in place of cranberry in my cocktails, but I have actually grown to like it with or without vodka. :bigsmile: :drinker:

It quenches my need for something sweet and bubbly.