Only lost 26 lbs (pic)

Options
I say I've only lost 26 lbs because I have so much to go, but even I, someone who can't see my own success can see it in this picture. I have been trying to lose weight for the last 4 months, and I just expected it to come off faster, but the scale will spend weeks not budging. I have tried multiple ways of eating, and the one that works for me is a higher protein/no grain diet. I still eat carbs (I love potatoes both white and sweet) but if I stop eating grains I feel awesome. Every time I go back to grains I get depressed (like to the point of feeling suicidal) and bloated and my weight stalls for awhile. The one thing I attribute my success to is exercise. I don't exercise in the typical way--my family has a farm and I turn everything into a workout. I used to use a 4 wheeler to move hay from one pasture to the other and now I carry them. I jump at the chance to unload a truckload of wood because I know it's a great workout. Instead of waiting for someone to split wood with the log splitter machine, I use a splitting maul to do it myself. I walk around the farm everyday checking fences for a little extra "cardio" where before I wouldn't worry about fences until an animal actually got out. I truly feel my success so far has come from small changes and I can't wait for more to come! For anyone who is curious, I weighed 311 in the first picture and 285 in the second.

1948080_771145196228825_1894003843_n.jpg

Replies

• xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    congrats.... everyone one here started by losing one pound then 2 then 3 then 26.... keep up the good work
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Very smart with the added exercise. I see a tremendous difference in the photos. Great job!

Yay, you fixed the photos. Your hard work really shows.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    From one country girl to another congrats. You are well under way and know you can do this...
  • sasu27
    sasu27 Posts: 51
    Options
    I fixed the picture!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is an awesome difference girl!!! You are well on your way! :) Keep up the awesome!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great exercise ideas!
  • imamyurdumb
    imamyurdumb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and just think where you'll be in a year if you keep going! If you stop or give up now or get frustrated and binge, you'll have to start over. Keep going! Don't give up and be proud of your weight loss. You should be cause its fantastic! Buy yourself something to reward it. A bracelet, a massage, something to show that you did a great job. I myself have rewards at each milestone I reach. go go go girlie! :)
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference 26 pounds makes!! I love how you've made your workouts do double duty! That the energy you're expending is accomplishing something very tangible and useful! Your family must be thrilled that you are rocking those farm chores! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • garyrahman
    garyrahman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are doing great keep it up, 26lbs is a lot in four months. That equals out to 6.5lbs a month. Looking at the pictures it also looks like you have lost several inches. When working out muscle weighs more than fat so you may have lost more fat and gain muscle. The muscle will help you in losing weight so keep doing what you are doing. Can't wait to see your pics in your two piece once you reach your goal.
  • LenaNc
    LenaNc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look great, keep up that work and forget what that scale says, the pictures say it all!! By the way, you mentioned you feel cruddy when you eat the grains, could you have a gluten intolerance? My brother started eating gluten free as part of a diet plan he was on, and within a month went from 3 blood pressure meds to 1... His body is not tolerant of the gluten and he can definitely tell if he indulges in something with gluten in it... He ate gluten free and did his DDP Yoga and lost 60 lbs in less than 4 months..and continues to maintain the loss. The gluten is definitely worth paying attention to...
  • cnugent9
    cnugent9 Posts: 2
    Options
    What on earth are you talking about only lost 26 pounds. I recently started due to them telling me I was type 2 diabeties. I have lost 171/2 pounds since Feb. 25 and I feell awesome so should you. I also joined Silver Sneakers at my rec center and started a slow step arobic class for us older people and am doing the trend mill and recumbent bike to step up my game. Believe you me those pictures are drastic keep it up!!!
  • nmpx
    nmpx Posts: 76
    Options
    That's undeniable results, great work! I see a really big difference in your legs (and obviously your tummy!).
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great difference! You should be so proud! Can't wait to see more as you continue to a healthier you :)
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow ! What an amazing difference 26lbs makes :) this is inspiring
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look great and I totally understand your frustration... I didnt loose the weight I expected either .
    I lost 23 pounds so far and now I have been yo-yoing.... 2-3 pounds since begining of february.
    By the way you look like you lost so much more then 20 pounds or so.... Keep it up!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    "Only 26 lbs"?? That is a big accomplishment, don't minimize it. Hell, losing 5 lbs ain't easy. Amazing progress and keep up the good work :)
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great and you have a great attitude! Way to go!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work. :)
  • brettgosa
    brettgosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been battling my weight for years and years, and have yet to be able to say I've lost 26lbs! Only now have I become more serious about my health, so I say YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    In a few more months you will say: Only lost 50 lbs... Great work, keep at it as it works for you. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!