New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP because I hit rock bottom! Last year I was plus size modeling somewhere under 300lbs but over 280. The smallest that I can remember being is about 270 when I was a sophmore in high school. A few weeks ago I got on the scale and it said 314.4 lbs. 315 lbs!! I am only 20 years old, and with a desire to be successful in the entertainment industry, a size 12-14 is about as big as I can be. Currently I'm sporting an 18 top and 22 bottom. I've found a routine that I think works for me now, running 2-3 miles about 3 times a week, maintaining about 1500 calories a day, and not eating after 7pm. But I realized that I'm going to need help and encouragement beyond my family and friends (who are all also heavy set people). This time I'm in it to win it and I want to see a big change by the time I turn 21 next February. Soooo I figured I'd keep track, post about my journey to lose weight and hopefully meet some new people, then maybe we can keep each other encouraged! If you have any suggestions, or words of encouragement (lol) please let me know, I need all the help that I can get! Thanks for reading!! :D

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The MFP logging tools are great and also there are a lot of supportive people here.

I think it is so great you have set the realistic goal of making significant change over eleven months (rather than expecting to lose overnight).

Feel free to add me. I have a long way to go and I think it will take about eighteen months more, so I am here for the long haul. I may even continue to log for maintenance once I reach a comfortable/healthy/rockin weight.

You can do this!!
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    friend request sent! :)