A bowl of fruit killed my sugar intake

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sugar from fresh fruit doesnt count. Fresh fruit is paired with fiber molecularly, and while I am not sure the exact process of it, but it helps the sugar from having the same effect as added and processed sugars.

I used to be afraid of sugar as well. Truth is, dont be afraid of fruit. It is a gift from God and nature's candy.

Worry more about the added and processed sugars in processed foods. THose are the ones you want to keep in moderation.

As for the sugar count on MFP I took it off my microcounter, you can also personally re set your goals and up the sugar level so it wont bother you, or ignore it :)
    No. All sugar counts. Just because it comes from fruit doesn't mean the calories don't count.

Saying that added and processed sugars are the ones you want to keep in moderation is basically saying "go ahead and eat as much fruit as you want" which would also be false.

don't you know bro ..fruit sugar is nectar from the gods, added sugar is from the ninth layer of hell….

oh and fruit is negative sugar too...