Curling In The Squat Rack?

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sJ7nw_Han4

This.

What do you guys think about people curling in the squat rack?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I think they need their butts kicked and banned from the rack for a month.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ agreed lol
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think it's selfish. The gym I go to has a curling station and no one ever uses it. It's frustrating.
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    The person curling in the squat rack is less of an ***hole than the person taking up six pieces of equipment 'circuit training'.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If they are using dumbells I don't mind...
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It used to piss me off but guess what?

a68777a35fb547f42f8ed03463b78bee.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    The person curling in the squat rack is less of an ***hole than the person taking up six pieces of equipment 'circuit training'.

lol what logic is that? Both parties are still hogging equipment they aren't using
  • Bun_Ya
    Options

lol what logic is that? Both parties are still hogging equipment they aren't using
    lol it's simple maths.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

lol it's simple maths.

6>1

Your math checks out.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel guilty for spending awhile in the squat rack doing things I NEED to be in there for...so yeah, it's a jerk-y thing to do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Not a problem if the gym is empty. Problem if people are staring at you while waiting for your *kitten* to finish.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I feel a little guilty doing OHPs and barebell lunges in the squat rack but I kind of have to...
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

lol it's simple maths.

6>1

Your math checks out.

But what if there are 6 squat racks?
  • Bun_Ya
    Options
    What if there are eight gyms?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I feel a little guilty doing OHPs and barebell lunges in the squat rack but I kind of have to...
    I assume to use the safety bars (that's why I do OHPs in the squat rack). No one's ever given me a dirty look for that, you're still using the equipment.

Not really, just it's really hard to get the weight up to the right position for both. I'm sure I could do it but it would take a lot of my energy.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

lol it's simple maths.

6>1

Your math checks out.

Wouldn't that make one person curling in the squat rack less of an issue?
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

lol it's simple maths.

6>1

Your math checks out.

Wouldn't that make one person curling in the squat rack less of an issue?

:laugh: Not if there is one person curling in each rack
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    What if there are eight gyms?

:laugh: :laugh:

EMrknJP.gif
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    It's so annoying...

Even worse is that the smith machine is right next to our squat rack (literally close and facing it), so when I'm trying to deadlift or do squats, this guy always come and leans on the smith machine bar to do pushups, while I'm in the middle of a lift. Not only is it distracting, but very dangerous as well.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anyone curl in the Squat Rack but it would quite a bother.

Side question: I've always used the power cage at my gym for squats then OHP then deadlifts but we had two power cages and two smith machines and hardly anyone picked cage over smith machine so there wasn't a high demand for the equipment. My current gym only has one squat rack and one smith machine. There is only one olympic bar per piece of equipment so I need to "borrow" it from the squat rack or the two benches which are across the gym to do my OHP, deadlift or row. Would you say it's rude of me to use the rack for my OHP or use the bar from the squat rack for my rows/deads?