Gym Advice

Options
I am going to the gym 2 mornings a week before work and I have about 30-40 minutes there before I have to shower and leave. I was wondering what would be the best use of my time to lose body fat? In addition to this I do a 5km run once a week, 2 dance classes, and a yoga class. I also try to get to the gym 1-2 other times in a week, where I have been doing cardio intervals on the treadmill or bike for 30 mins. What options are going to burn the most calories for me and help lose the body fat?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    1 - Full-body strength training twice a week, 3-4 days apart, so you don't end up "skinny fat". It's best to follow a program (NROL, Stronglifts, etc) instead of creating your own.

2- Replace the yoga and dance classes with intense interval cardio.

3- Reduce calories.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, but I won't be replacing the yoga and dance classes - I love them and won't give them up. But I just need to know what is best to do with the other sessions/times I have. Intense intervals - what would be considered intense? I have been doing intervals, but just not sure if they are what I should be doing or not.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I probably should have said "very vigorous" cardio. As opposed to simply increasing the speed a bit while reading a magazine. Aim for an 8 or 9 on the perceived exertion scale every 1-2 minutes:

C1h0uOP.jpg

Which strength program did you choose?