Scale Up, Scale Down

Options
Soo frustrating when the scale goes up, then goes down, then goes up, then goes down. :grumble:

And yes, I'm just complaining.

Replies

• Rebe_Hawaii
    Rebe_Hawaii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have the same problem. Seems like in 5 weeks I haven't really lost anything except my pants do feel a little more loose, so maybe that's what I should measure it by Although I would like to see my weight actually move toward a lower number and stay there.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    ME TO, IT'S NORMAL THOUGH, MAY BE WATER WEIGHT, IM ENCOURAGED THOUGH
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Soo frustrating when the scale goes up, then goes down, then goes up, then goes down. :grumble:

And yes, I'm just complaining.

That's normal. if you weigh your self everyday, you will see that its normal.. no reason to get up set.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weight will naturally fluctuate. All measurement has some signal and noise. I think it's important to look at trends. I like trend weight for this (trendweight.com). I also think that our bodies try to defend against weight changes (set point) and that time is required to see changes. There are individual differences in metabolism and some of us may respond to different macros. I am doing well on fairly low carb with emphasis on non-starchy veggies, ample meat/seafood and no restriction of fats. I do avoid carbs other than non-starchy veggies. I restrict sodium intake due to blood pressure. Works for me. I do log diet, activity, sleep, blood pressure. If you want to see what equipment I use and how I track the data:

http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/2013/12/using-self-monitoring-and-data.html

All the best.