stress fracture advice

Options
ok, so I don't know what I did, but I have a stress fracture in the middle of my left foot. Any advice oh dealing with it, helping it heal. Thanks.

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    Anybody gonna try to help???? should I wrap my foot.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For the best results go see a podiatrist. Those things can take a very long time to heal. Stay off high heels, wear shoes with a good arch support firmly tied, but not to the point your foot goes to sleep. Freeze a bottle full of water and roll it between your arch and the floor when it hurts, or ice it on top of the foot. Keep it elevated when you can. But do go see a podiatrist. There are a bunch of tendons and ligaments in the foot and depending on where the break is it could cause some nerve or tendon damage.

Good Luck!
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how it's going, and how long you were/are off your foot. I MAY be in the same boat so looking for ppl who've been through it.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    It wasn't too bad, took it easy for bit and did the roll a bottle under it and wore my most comfortable shoes once I was home (out of uniform and combat boots) It could have been worse, I was lucky.