Vegan/Vegetarian Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Well if you got fat eating meat I don't know why you'd think going vegetarian again would stall your efforts when you didn't have a weight problem eating that way. Eat the way you used to and carbs aren't bad. Just eat the right kinds.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Carbs = energy. I can't workout without eating some carbs before and replenishing some after
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Its really hard for me to get out of the 'low carb' mindset as it relates to weight loss. Carbs and dieting, have never gone together for me.
    If you want to lose weight on a healthy vegan diet, the best thing to do is stop trying to lose weight, and focus on gaining health. Carbohydrates are a major part of fruits and vegetables, so it's hard to be low carb and healthy.

Once i started eating a lot of fruit, and putting the focus on health and fitness, the weight started coming off easily. I never permanently lost anything by "dieting".

I got fatter eating a vegan diet. I maintain a healthy body composition much more easily eating meat, eggs and dairy.

OP: it's calories in v calories out so you'll lose weight on any diet so long as you stick to your calorie goal..... if you're eating veggie or vegan, look up what nutrients it's hard to get on a vegetarian/vegan diet, e.g. vitamin B12, balanced amino acids, and eat plant foods that are either fortified (in the case of vitamin B12) or where the right combinations give you the right balance of amino acids (e.g. grains with pulses).