Never Full

Options
Okay, so I have a question. I have been a MFP member for about a month now and have lost 11 pounds. I am eating all of my calories and exercising 4-5 times a week. I am feeling great, but there is one problem. I AM NEVER FULL! I eat, and 10 minutes later I am starving! I thought that after a week or two my body would get used to it and I would start feeling full, but it just isn't happening. It seems like the more I eat, the hungrier I am. Before anyone asks, I am getting my recommendation of protien, carbs, etc. I am drinking my water. I am having breakfast, then mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, and if there are calories left, an after dinner snack. I am 26, 5'8" and 170 lbs. I am currently eating 1450 cals a day, at a 500 cal deficit and eating my exercise cals. Any insight would be much appreciated. I am super grouchy when hungry! :mad:

Replies

• tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    Okay, so I have a question. I have been a MFP member for about a month now and have lost 11 pounds. I am eating all of my calories and exercising 4-5 times a week. I am feeling great, but there is one problem. I AM NEVER FULL! I eat, and 10 minutes later I am starving! I thought that after a week or two my body would get used to it and I would start feeling full, but it just isn't happening. It seems like the more I eat, the hungrier I am. Before anyone asks, I am getting my recommendation of protien, carbs, etc. I am drinking my water. I am having breakfast, then mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, and if there are calories left, an after dinner snack. I am 26, 5'8" and 170 lbs. I am currently eating 1450 cals a day, at a 500 cal deficit and eating my exercise cals. Any insight would be much appreciated. I am super grouchy when hungry! :mad:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had that problem in the beginning but I adjusted
    Could it be the types of foods you are eating?
    I know thomas multi-grain english muffins, fried eggs, cheese sticks, kashi waffles, grilled chicken, or breaded purdue baked chicken ....really fill me up
    I'm thinking maybe more protein?

Sorry I couldn't help more..Kim
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too... Then I started eating tons of fruit n veggies for snacks.. and a cup of tea. I felt better...
    Hope you find something that works!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Fibre and some good whole grains should help. Drink a big glass of cool not cold water before you eat. I just bought this fibre powder stuff, 'Fruit and veggies fibre' something from a health food store. I mix it with water and it actually helped. Plus it has 24 varieties of fruits and veggies in it (don't know ow many servings). I think I will always be a little bit hungry but I like my skinnier pants more than pizza (ok well that's what I tell myself).
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    General practice is:

Have 4-6 small meals a day that include a quality carb and a lean protien
    increase your protien
    increase fiber
    Drink water
    Allow some time for your stomach to become accustomed to your new lifestyle

If, after all that, you're still having problems, see your doctor. It is VERY rare but there are some conditions where your body is not sending or receiving signals that you're full.

Good Luck,