I ran a half marathon and didn't die!

2»

Replies

• thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Nice. My goal is to do that this fall. Up to 5 mile runs each day. If it works out, going to try for a marathon next fall.
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Congrats!! That's an amazing achievement! I signed up for my first half marathon in June in Niagara Falls and am so inspired by stories of people who have conquered it! Well done!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    That's fantastic!!!! What an awesome medal!!! Congratulations!!!!
    I am a Lexington girl myself...transplanted to PA.
    I will be attempting my first half here in PA on the first weekend in May. I'm hoping the snow will be gone by then. LOL!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Fantastic! Way to go! I love the medal! Beautiful!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    So proud of you!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Fantastic :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • honeyspot1
    honeyspot1 Posts: 15 Member
    Great Accomplishment! This has taught you that you can over come any obstacles. You have the power girl it's all in your mind......
  • That is AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!! I've just started the run/walk deal, after my 2 block run I feel like I'm going to kill over and die, and as soon as I catch my breath - it's time to run again!!! I have set a goal to run the Twin Cities 5k in October. I can't even begin to imagine a half marathon!!!

Good job lady
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Thanks everyone!

I think the hardest part was the week before. I decided to eat at maintenance starting about a week out from the race. I gained about 7-8 lbs of water weight...maybe one pound of that was actual fat. I expected the weight and stayed off the scale. I wasn't ready for how FAT I would feel, and it really messed with my head. I felt amazing though, ready to run and full of energy. I think it helped my race a lot, but I am so ready to finish losing weight now!
  • tallulah81
    tallulah81 Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Way to go that is super amazing!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Fantastic, that's a really great accomplishment! I can't wait (hope) to be in the same position one day. :smile:
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    HUGE well done to you! Found your post very inspiring. And what a beautiful medal! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    That's awesome, my friend just asked me to do a half marathon with her in Nov in Vegas. I am scared but intrigued also!!! I just download an app to my phone to help me start preparing. I have never ran any sort or marathon or 5k or anything.. Any recommendations??? I figure with it being in Nov I have time to prepare...

PS your medal is awesome!
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Great job! I remember the first one I did (out of 2. Haha) an amazing feeling, isn't it? Proud of you.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Well done! I will be in your shoes in May. I've run one 5K (a couple years ago now, to boot), and I signed up for a half-marathon at the end of May. My biggest concern is the heat/humidity that might get me, but pouring rain is the next concern, lol.

That's a beautiful medal and an awesome time; I, too, am trying to finish in under 3 hours.

Congratulations on your awesome success!
  • dminskey
    dminskey Posts: 1
    great work.
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Woohoo! That is an amazing accomplishment! And I love the medal!!
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    you rock!
    :: high fives!! ::
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Woah..... You ran that in the RAIN??? With hills you weren't expecting??? You are a total rockstar & are so inspiring!

GREAT JOB!!!!!

Hang that medal front & center!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!