Dress me for my next running race

Options
Seriously.

I want a nice looking race finish photo for once... but I always look like a mostly dead bald zombie.

1) waterproof makeup?? I'm not much for makeup but deathly pale isn't doing me any favors
2) hats? visors? The headband makes me look bald
3) ???? What do you do to look nice in race photos ????

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    A tutu
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Go faster ... that low number on the finish line clock is the best accessory you can have.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I worry about my time and possibly crop dusting everybody I'm passing on the kick. Looks for a photo, is later when you bite a medal...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

I love fun running outfits. I have yet to find one that makes me look good in finish photos. I turn really red and sweat a lot. Make up is pointless. My hair is soaked and flat to my head. Hats help a bit but the hat + sunglasses combo looks bad on me and I can't do without sunglasses.

I do try not to look like I am dying at the finishline and smile. I also sprint for the finish. My first half marathon I was so proud of my finish photo. I showed it to my cousin and she said "I thought you ran it" because I looked like I was walking. :grumble:

That's all I've got.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't always dress up, but I wear makeup, simply because I do every day. Tutus are fun sometimes. I usually wear a Red Sox hat (gotta represent!). My profile photo is at the finish line of the Boston Marathon today. I'm definitely grubby, I don't look good, but dammit, I finished!
  • EpsilonGamma
    Options
    Umm don't wear make up? How about some good shades and a hat instead?
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I wouldn't stress... Never wear makeup to workout? Just go have fun and it shows up in the pics
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress... Never wear makeup to workout? Just go have fun and it shows up in the pics

5Ks aren't exactly fun.

I mean, they're fun in a sort of masochistic way. But if my legs aren't burning and my lungs aren't gasping for air, then I'm not running fast enough!

I just want a nice running photo, haha, everyone else looks halfway normal. I'd post my most current one here but then I'd ruin my semi-anonymity.

I like the shades option. Always look cooler with some shades B-)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

5Ks aren't exactly fun.

I mean, they're fun in a sort of masochistic way. But if my legs aren't burning and my lungs aren't gasping for air, then I'm not running fast enough!

I just want a nice running photo, haha, everyone else looks halfway normal. I'd post my most current one here but then I'd ruin my semi-anonymity.

Build your base ... condition your body to run farther than 5k ... let what becomes a shorter run help you look better at the finish for the photo. Or look like you're busting your butt and giving everything you possibly can to complete a race in the best possible time.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options

5Ks aren't exactly fun.

Build your base ... condition your body to run farther than 5k ... let what becomes a shorter run help you look better at the finish for the photo. Or look like you're busting your butt and giving everything you possibly can to complete a race in the best possible time.

Even with a good base and a few 1/2 marathons under my belt, a 5k race will still not be fun until it's over!! I am constantly trying to get a better finish time and that takes hard work! Now a 5k training run is a breeze, I can do with little effort, but a race and a training run are 2 very different beasts!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

I want a nice looking race finish photo for once... but I always look like a mostly dead bald zombie.

1) waterproof makeup?? I'm not much for makeup but deathly pale isn't doing me any favors
    2) hats? visors? The headband makes me look bald
    3) ???? What do you do to look nice in race photos ????

I'm not big on make up but if you're gonna wear it I personally say go drastically bright colors.
    Hats/Visors - If the headband makes you look bald, go for something thinner or pull your hair back if it's long enough.
    I never look nice while working out so... :/
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    shades are hot! I think they make you go faster too! So win win right there...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Wear a Flash shirt, run your *kitten* off, and be happy. Trust me, I know :)